'Murica! (55 Viewers)

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
Jul 13, 2013
Good old Norbert. Let's see how it develops. No doubt the Eurocrats with Juncker will stay in denial. Bunch of elitist blind monkeys :inter:
Juncker has already started to panic if you listen to his recent interviews. He's still not quite realizing the part he & his allies had to play in the rise of right wing extremism across Europe though if that's what you mean.

I get the feeling they're slowly getting there, but it will be too late.

- - - Updated - - -

Hillary should have spoke last night. Imagine if Trump went silent after a loss, he would have been massacred.
Yeah, incredibly weak of her.

Guess she was simply too shocked by the result.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Hillary should have spoke last night. Imagine if Trump went silent after a loss, he would have been massacred.
I bet she wasn't capable.

For her this should have been the culmination of her career. Not only did she lose, she lost to a piece of crap. And as if it's not bad enough that she's completely humiliated (you'd have to be pretty fucking detested to get beat by Trump), she probably also realises that the country is on the verge of a national crisis. Add all this to the simple fact that she must have been tired after a long and spiteful campain, not to mention the election day itself, and I can see why she chose not to.

Maddy

Oracle of Copenhagen
Jul 10, 2009
I doubt they'll stay in denial tbh. They're already facing Brexit. Now they've seen what a populist can do. And Europe isn't popular among the common man.
Until I see action from the Eurocrats. Nothing will change. I'm extremely sceptic towards Juncker. His post-brexit reaction was pathetic.

He's a neo-liberal with no understanding of the working class.

Juvellino

Mar 19, 2015
I bet she wasn't capable.

For her this should have been the culmination of her career. Not only did she lose, she lost to a piece of crap. And as if it's not bad enough that she's completely humiliated (you'd have to be pretty fucking detested to get beat by Trump), she probably also realises that the country is on the verge of a national crisis. Add all this to the simple fact that she must have been tired after a long and spiteful campain, not to mention the election day itself, and I can see why she chose not to.
Every decision she has made for decades, including some very immoral decisions was in order to be president some day. I hope she has regrets, even privately. It would be very human of her.

Maddy

Oracle of Copenhagen
Jul 10, 2009
Juncker has already started to panic if you listen to his recent interviews. He's still not quite realizing the part he & his allies had to play in the rise of right wing extremism across Europe though if that's what you mean.

I get the feeling they're slowly getting there, but it will be too late.
Exactly. It's too late. Free movement, outer borders in shambles, austerity, democratic shortfall in Bruxelles and Strasbourg, TTIP, CETA etc. have all but destroyed the Union.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Agreed. I think Bernie or even Biden would have defeated Trump as well.
Bernie yes, Biden no.

The Democratic party is facing an identity crisis right now. Obama appears to have been a one-off, as I can't see any young, energetic, idealistic candidates in the pipeline. They are far more establishment than they would leave you to believe.

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
Jul 13, 2013
Exactly. It's too late. Free movement, outer borders in shambles, austerity, democratic shortfall in Bruxelles and Strasbourg, TTIP, CETA etc. have all but destroyed the Union.
Free movement is a cornerstone of the EU, don't agree with that being in the list tbh.

But basically yeah.

Juvellino

Mar 19, 2015
Bernie yes, Biden no.

The Democratic party is facing an identity crisis right now. Obama appears to have been a one-off, as I can't see any young, energetic, idealistic candidates in the pipeline. They are far more establishment than they would leave you to believe.
:tup:

For all the talk of republican partty division there is also democrat party division. Democrats are on the right side of history socially but other than that they are largely establishment and have many of the same negative policies of the republicans.

Maddy

Oracle of Copenhagen
Jul 10, 2009
Free movement is a cornerstone of the EU, don't agree with that being in the list tbh.

But basically yeah.
Free movement of labor to be precise.

The nordic model is seriously in danger. Plays a major part in the creation of the precariat. It creates a race to the bottom for wages. It's just a good old fashion neo-liberal idea of supply-side economics.

Knowah

Pool's Closed Due to Aids
Jan 28, 2013
The sheer panic is a bit much

I may have not voted for the guy but its not the end of the world. To think so is pure arrogance and ignorance.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
:agree:
And those who wanna move to Canada are deplorable
If I was a muslim in the States I'd start packing right now. And I mean that. When it becomes so damn obvious that half the country really doesn't want you there, your situation is becoming dangerous.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 52)