'Murica! (105 Viewers)

AndreaCristiano

Nato, Vive, e muore Italiano
Jun 9, 2011
Also other Catholics on here don't get crap because no one knows they are. I offended just by having a picture of Jesus in my avatar or having a Bible quote in my signature. This is how it all started years ago. So please don't lecture me about the other Catholics

Cerval

Feb 20, 2016
Also other Catholics on here don't get crap because no one knows they are. I offended just by having a picture of Jesus in my avatar or having a Bible quote in my signature. This is how it all started years ago. So please don't lecture me about the other Catholics
For someone that is an alleged conservative, the victim complex coming from you certainly is strong. I'm just saying.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003

I'm Roman Catholic. I just don't go around advertising it. Mainly because of some issues that I had when I was young. The reason why I haven't switched my denomination is strictly because my parents are still alive. Once they pass on, I'm gone. I don't need a church, but I do need some semblance of spirituality.

I'm also a moderate Republican.

And as a moderate republican, I am accepting of all people, irrespective of race, religion, creed, sexual orientation.

And as the first born of my family on both sides to be born here, I love immigrants, and wish we could provide a better manner of border security that does not include building a hideous wall (There is only one beautiful wall I know of, and it happens to be thousands of years old and in China), and a sensible path to citizenship.

So there you go. You're not alone.

AndreaCristiano

Jun 9, 2011
I'm Roman Catholic. I just don't go around advertising it. Mainly because of some issues that I had when I was young. The reason why I haven't switched my denomination is strictly because my parents are still alive. Once they pass on, I'm gone. I don't need a church, but I do need some semblance of spirituality.

I'm also a moderate Republican.

And as a moderate republican, I am accepting of all people, irrespective of race, religion, creed, sexual orientation.

And as the first born of my family on both sides to be born here, I love immigrants, and wish we could provide a better manner of border security that does not include building a hideous wall (There is only one beautiful wall I know of, and it happens to be thousands of years old and in China), and a sensible path to citizenship.

So there you go. You're not alone.
Well thanks. I hope whatever happened when you were young doesn't move you away from the truth of the faith. Just because the humans inside the faith are flawed doesn't mean the faith is.
Also I love immigrants as well but legal ones when we came to this country we had to do it legally with no press two for Italian or any of the other things given to illegals now let alone legal aliens. It cheapens the struggle of so many who came here the right way and had to do it that way allowing all the illegals in carte blanche

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
He’s outright lying as always. Pulling the same thing as Trump. Making a spurious claim backed up by no actual evidence and making a vague illusion to “scientific research”... that he either cannot provide or will provide heavily manipulated from some ultra right wing think tank.

For an actual scientific study in 1996 on rape-related pregnancies.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/8765248/

An estimated 32,101 pregnancies from rape, a 5.0% occurrence rate.

https://www.theatlantic.com/health/archive/2012/08/how-often-does-rape-lead-to-pregnancy/261307/

Other smaller studies often show even higher incidence. Like this one from 1400 high school students in Africa, with a 17% pregnancy rate.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/10214457/
its even worse among ducks https://blogs.unimelb.edu.au/sciencecommunication/2014/10/13/the-twisted-sex-lives-of-ducks/

- - - Updated - - -

He’s outright lying as always. Pulling the same thing as Trump. Making a spurious claim backed up by no actual evidence and making a vague illusion to “scientific research”... that he either cannot provide or will provide heavily manipulated from some ultra right wing think tank.

For an actual scientific study in 1996 on rape-related pregnancies.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/8765248/

An estimated 32,101 pregnancies from rape, a 5.0% occurrence rate.

https://www.theatlantic.com/health/archive/2012/08/how-often-does-rape-lead-to-pregnancy/261307/

Other smaller studies often show even higher incidence. Like this one from 1400 high school students in Africa, with a 17% pregnancy rate.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/10214457/
its even worse among ducks https://blogs.unimelb.edu.au/sciencecommunication/2014/10/13/the-twisted-sex-lives-of-ducks/

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
Well thanks. I hope whatever happened when you were young doesn't move you away from the truth of the faith. Just because the humans inside the faith are flawed doesn't mean the faith is.
Also I love immigrants as well but legal ones when we came to this country we had to do it legally with no press two for Italian or any of the other things given to illegals now let alone legal aliens. It cheapens the struggle of so many who came here the right way and had to do it that way allowing all the illegals in carte blanche
Pretty sure a lot of Italians came to US illegally, it’s just that back then there were no rules. Can’t fault illegals for trying to make a better life for them and their families

AndreaCristiano

Jun 9, 2011
Pretty sure a lot of Italians came to US illegally, it’s just that back then there were no rules. Can’t fault illegals for trying to make a better life for them and their families
Pretty sure that's alot of BS back then with Ellis island it was a million times harder so try again and I didn't come back then we arrived in 1977

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
Pretty sure that's alot of BS back then with Ellis island it was a million times harder so try again and I didn't come back then we arrived in 1977
Actually it was pretty easy to pass through Ellis Island. Most immigrants were granted access in a matter of hours. Most of the time was spent waiting in line.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
I don't understand what I need to apologize for what I said isn't offensive. I mean 5% isn't the same as actual pregnancy rates so what I said is accurate

STUDY DESIGN: A national probability sample of 4008 adult American women took part in a 3-year longitudinal survey that assessed the prevalence and incidence of rape and related physical and mental health outcomes.

RESULTS: The national rape-related pregnancy rate is 5.0% per rape among victims of reproductive age (aged 12 to 45)
You believe this study (of which you provided no link) proves that when a woman is raped and the sperm of the man raping her ends up inside of her, it is less likely that she will become pregnant if the same thing happens with consensual sex?

- - - Updated - - -

Actually it was pretty easy to pass through Ellis Island. Most immigrants were granted access in a matter of hours. Most of the time was spent waiting in line.
It was a lot easier to immigrate to the US. Both legally and illegally. But the conditions are so different you can't really conclude anything from that. I'm honestly not quite sure what point he thinks he is making.

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
My family was one of them. My great grandfather on my mother's mother's side came here illegally through Canada (entered there illegally too after jumping off of a ship that he worked on) from Torre del Greco. This is why it's baffling to me when I see certain family member be so hard on illegal immigrants, as though we weren't the product of it ourselves.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 2, Guests: 98)