'Murica! (45 Viewers)

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
Israel is a whole mess. All sides are wrong because they politicize their faith
I agree for the most part here
Scientific research shows the chance of rape causing a pregnancy is very small and the number of abortions due to rape are even smaller so it is barely relevant
but you're absolutely bugging here

- - - Updated - - -

I can understand being against abortion. I'm not, but I can understand it. If you believe life begins at conception for some reason, then it would logically follow that terminating a pregnancy is to be considered murder. Doesn't necessarily have to do with religion.

AndreaCristiano

Nato, Vive, e muore Italiano
Jun 9, 2011
I agree for the most part here

but you're absolutely bugging here

- - - Updated - - -

I can understand being against abortion. I'm not, but I can understand it. If you believe life begins at conception for some reason, then it would logically follow that terminating a pregnancy is to be considered murder. Doesn't necessarily have to do with religion.
You and I don't see eye to eye on most things but at least you can understand the point of view without slamming my religious belief. As a matter of being it appalled me then add to it my faith and its atrocious

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Still waiting for the scientific research
He’s outright lying as always. Pulling the same thing as Trump. Making a spurious claim backed up by no actual evidence and making a vague illusion to “scientific research”... that he either cannot provide or will provide heavily manipulated from some ultra right wing think tank.

For an actual scientific study in 1996 on rape-related pregnancies.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/8765248/

An estimated 32,101 pregnancies from rape, a 5.0% occurrence rate.

https://www.theatlantic.com/health/archive/2012/08/how-often-does-rape-lead-to-pregnancy/261307/

Other smaller studies often show even higher incidence. Like this one from 1400 high school students in Africa, with a 17% pregnancy rate.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/10214457/

Cerval

Feb 20, 2016
He’s outright lying as always. Pulling the same thing as Trump. Making a spurious claim backed up by no actual evidence and make a vague illusion to “scientific research”... that he either cannot provide or will provide heavily manipulated from some ultra right wing think tank.

For an actual scientific study in 1996 on rape-related pregnancies.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/8765248/

An estimated 32,101 pregnancies from rape, a 5.0% occurrence rate.

https://www.theatlantic.com/health/archive/2012/08/how-often-does-rape-lead-to-pregnancy/261307/

Other studies often show even higher incidence.
I know. It's usually pro-life nutjobs that make these lies up to validate their way of thinking instead of acknowledging the situation is a true possibility.

Last edited:

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
You and I don't see eye to eye on most things but at least you can understand the point of view without slamming my religious belief. As a matter of being it appalled me then add to it my faith and its atrocious
You and one of my cousins hold pretty much all the same beliefs, however she is AGGRESSIVELY retarded while you are not. That's the difference to me.

And remember, we do have a similar background.

IliveForJuve

Burn this club
Jan 17, 2011
What is your reasoning?

Not trying to trap you into something just genuinely curious
:tup:

My view is that from a biological standpoint a zygote derived from human egg and sperm is a potential human. The word potential merely means not brought to full term in the womb.

It is a bit baffling that some can't see why a zygote is different from a bodily cell (skin cell, sperm, doesn't really matter). A zygote is a developing human organism (aka person), sperm is not.

Sperm absolutely cannot become a person like a zygote as a matter of biology.

On the other hand, a zygote is already totipotent without any intervention. It already is growing as a person would, precisely because this is when every person has their distinct beginning.

However, from a non-biological standpoint, a majority of people in the US and Europe will consider a 12+-week old fetus as a potential human but a substantial part of population in feel free to kill or abort any embryo or zygote.

Abortion discussions are a slippery slope but I just felt I needed to put this out there.
Because of this.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Scientific research shows the chance of rape causing a pregnancy is very small and the number of abortions due to rape are even smaller so it is barely relevant
No. Scientific research does not show that.

I'm not going to debate you on this point. You are going to apologise and say you were wrong.

After your apology we can continue about whether or not abortions should be allowed.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn ONEPLUS A6003 met Tapatalk

AndreaCristiano

Jun 9, 2011
You and one of my cousins hold pretty much all the same beliefs, however she is AGGRESSIVELY retarded while you are not. That's the difference to me.

And remember, we do have a similar background.
I always remember that and thank you for treating me with respect. I try to respect everyone on here more than I can say for most

AndreaCristiano

Jun 9, 2011
No. Scientific research does not show that.

I'm not going to debate you on this point. You are going to apologise and say you were wrong.

After your apology we can continue about whether or not abortions should be allowed.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn ONEPLUS A6003 met Tapatalk
I don't understand what I need to apologize for what I said isn't offensive. I mean 5% isn't the same as actual pregnancy rates so what I said is accurate

STUDY DESIGN: A national probability sample of 4008 adult American women took part in a 3-year longitudinal survey that assessed the prevalence and incidence of rape and related physical and mental health outcomes.

RESULTS: The national rape-related pregnancy rate is 5.0% per rape among victims of reproductive age (aged 12 to 45)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 2, Guests: 29)

• swag