'Murica! (142 Viewers)

AndreaCristiano

Nato, Vive, e muore Italiano
Jun 9, 2011
Wanting limits on abortion and wanting all abortions stopped are very different things. I'm pretty sure the vast majority here in this debate are in favour of limits on when and how abortions can take place.

And as I showed above, support for abortion being legal in at least some circumstance has risen.
It figures you only read what you want

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Just posted 3 articles to back it up
None of these support your position that abortion should be illegal in every case, and that the popularity of this opinion is rising. They support the argument that abortions shouldn't be happening in the third trimester/later on in pregnancies. Which is a perfectly valid opinion.

- - - Updated - - -

And :lol: at posting 3 articles about one single poll and claiming it's 3 different things.

AndreaCristiano

Jun 9, 2011
None of these support your position that abortion should be illegal in every case, and that the popularity of this opinion is rising. They support the argument that abortions shouldn't be happening in the third trimester/later on in pregnancies. Which is a perfectly valid opinion.

- - - Updated - - -

And at posting 3 articles about one single poll and claiming it's 3 different things.
They show that the trend is going more towards pro life and less towards pro choice. Even if it's incremental it's happening. As science finds more and more reasons to abolish abortion public view will shift. Just like the heartbeat bills coming up in many states

AndreaCristiano

Jun 9, 2011

- - - Updated - - -

And at posting 3 articles about one single poll and claiming it's 3 different things.
Never claimed it was 3 different things so stop putting words in my mouth. Just used multiple sources from around the spectrum

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
It figures you only read what you want
I read only what I want? Your'e the one trying to claim his pro-life agenda of all abortions being illegal is gaining ground, with no evidence to back it up.

Placing limits on abortions so they can only happen under certain circumstances is not the position you have stated, nor is it the position of your church, nor the pro-life movement.

What's clear is regulated abortions under clearly-defined circumstances have overwhelming support from the majority.

- - - Updated - - -

Never claimed it was 3 different things so stop putting words in my mouth. Just used multiple sources from around the spectrum
Multiple sources referencing the exact same poll. If you can't figure out why providing 3 articles based on the exact same data is pointless, you're a lost cause.

AndreaCristiano

Jun 9, 2011
I read only what I want? Your'e the one trying to claim his pro-life agenda of all abortions being illegal is gaining ground, with no evidence to back it up.

Placing limits on abortions so they can only happen under certain circumstances is not the position you have stated, nor is it the position of your church, nor the pro-life movement.

What's clear is regulated abortions under clearly-defined circumstances have overwhelming support from the majority.
10 years ago the heartbeat bills would never have passed now they are and will. That's progress incremental or not towards a more pro life mentality. You can spin it anyway you want but as science progresses it will push the masses toward realizing that the fetus is more and more a child

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
10 years ago the heartbeat bills would never have passed now they are and will. That's progress incremental or not towards a more pro life mentality. You can spin it anyway you want but as science progresses it will push the masses toward realizing that the fetus is more and more a child
:lol:

https://news.gallup.com/poll/1576/abortion.aspx

From 2009---> 2019:

Legal under any circumstances: 21% --> 29%

Legal under most circumstances: 13% --> 14%

Legal only in a few circumstances: 42% --> 35%

Illegal in all circumstances: 18% --> 18%

No opinion: 6% --> 2%

Definitely shows more and more pro-life people :baus:

- - - Updated - - -

Brings a "Students for life" poll. :rofl:

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
Tbh im pretty sure there is no real attempt to challenge roe v wade. Who the eff actually thinks they can overturn that lol?

This is just virtue signaling old dinosaur republicans who have nothing at all constructive to offer in addressing a fucked healthcare system, privatized prisons/ fucked justice system, decline in manufacturing economy opiate epidemic, people spending endless hours in dead end jobs for stagnant wages you know the crucial things that affect the daily lives and futures of their constituents but those things are challenging and often go against interests that support them.

So they politicize abortion as some kind of holocaust on babies and millions of gullible christcucks will willingly vote in people who are entirely against their own self interests.

AndreaCristiano

Jun 9, 2011

https://news.gallup.com/poll/1576/abortion.aspx

From 2009---> 2019:

Legal under any circumstances: 21% --> 29%

Legal under most circumstances: 13% --> 14%

Legal only in a few circumstances: 42% --> 35%

Illegal in all circumstances: 18% --> 18%

No opinion: 6% --> 2%

Definitely shows more and more pro-life people :baus:

- - - Updated - - -

Brings a "Students for life" poll. :rofl:
So you're mocking me because I used one poll but you keep going back to the same Gallup discounting any thing else. At this point I am done speaking with you on these topics. You all get on me but it's obvious you're arrogant and self importance discounts other people's beliefs. Typical liberal minded identitarian. Be well I will no longer respond to you in here

AndreaCristiano

Jun 9, 2011
Tbh im pretty sure there is no real attempt to challenge roe v wade. Who the eff actually thinks they can overturn that lol?

This is just virtue signaling old dinosaur republicans who have nothing at all constructive to offer in addressing a fucked healthcare system, privatized prisons, opiate epidemic, people spending endless hours in dead end jobs for stagnant wages you know the crucial things that affect the daily lives and futures of their constituents but those things are challenging and often go against interests that support them.

So they politicize abortion as some kind of holocaust on babies and millions of gullible christcucks will willingly vote in people who are entirely against their own self interests.
Wait the democraps do? What do they have to offer ?
Prisons didn't Van Jones of all people show up at CPac to speak on the great progress Republicans are making on prison reform?
Wages have gone up under Donald Trump unlike mr. Obama
Jobs have become full time not part time under president Trump
Unemployment is lowest for all sectors under president trump
gdp is at a healthy 3-4 % under president trump not anemic 1% under Obama

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012

This is just virtue signaling old dinosaur republicans who have nothing at all constructive to offer in addressing a fucked healthcare system, privatized prisons/ fucked justice system, decline in manufacturing economy opiate epidemic, people spending endless hours in dead end jobs for stagnant wages you know the crucial things that affect the daily lives and futures of their constituents but those things are challenging and often go against interests that support them.

I disagree. If RBG dies, and Trump gets to pick her replacement Roe is gone. Anti-Abortion activists in many states stated their sole goal of promoting 6-week abortion bans is to take it all the way to the Supreme Court. Come to think of it, 6 weeks means potentially only 2 weeks after missing the first period.

AndreaCristiano

Jun 9, 2011
Conservatives can be such snowflakes.

When you base your beliefs on a fairytale written almost 2000 years ago, yeah, I'm going to discount most of them.
It's disrespectful rhetoric like this that shows you're an arrogant imbecile. You mock what you don't understand, you disrespect people's heart felt belief because you don't believe. You speak to people as though you have authority, when in actuality you're the bigot and small minded jerk off you pretend not to be

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
So you're mocking me because I used one poll but you keep going back to the same Gallup discounting any thing else. At this point I am done speaking with you on these topics. You all get on me but it's obvious you're arrogant and self importance discounts other people's beliefs. Typical liberal minded identitarian. Be well I will no longer respond to you in here
Because the poll you presented doesn't even support your opinion. It supports the opinion that the vast majority of americans want regulated abortions under certain circumstances to be legal. As in first trimester only seems to be the most supported choice.

This is not your position and not what you said. Pro-life and pro-choice numbers are the exact same in all these polls. They even say it. Mostly around 50% give or take year by year one way or the other. The people who want abortions illegal under any circumstance like you do are a tiny minority that is not rising in the slightest.

AndreaCristiano

Jun 9, 2011
I disagree. If RBG dies, and Trump gets to pick her replacement Roe is gone. Anti-Abortion activists in many states stated their sole goal of promoting 6-week abortion bans is to take it all the way to the Supreme Court. Come to think of it, 6 weeks means potentially only 2 weeks after missing the first period.
As a pro life advocate roe will never be overturned unleSs the population gets to a 90% anti abortion stance

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
Ahhh so now Van Jones Is no good for the left i see
Tbh i dont know him that well but anytime i have seen him on CNN all he does is get triggered and shout sensationalist garbage.

And i have a difficult time imagining republicans are doing much on criminal justice reform considering laws and sentences still on the books in many states and how they often preach the tough on crime approach.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 129)