'Murica! (237 Viewers)

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
I was going to say, I thought it was Carter who had soaring inflation and unemployment.
Reagan did inherit high inflation, but it was on the way down throughout his presidency. Also we both know this shit is way higher than 7.5%, dems better get slaughtered in the midterms, otherwise, and i am not being hyperbolic, this country is truly fucked.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
:lol:

Sounds about right..

- - - Updated - - -

Reagan did inherit high inflation, but it was on the way down throughout his presidency. Also we both know this shit is way higher than 7.5%, dems better get slaughtered in the midterms, otherwise, and i am not being hyperbolic, this country is truly fucked.
It is definitely way higher. They are in trouble because inflation is impossible to hide, and if the Fed raises rates stawks are going to crater, so they are screwed either way. We need a 2008-like reset.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks for the reminder.

Last edited:

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Reagan was the sitting president 40 years ago though, even if it was partly Carter's damage (and technically going back to Ford and the gas crisis.)

:lol:

Sounds about right..

- - - Updated - - -

It is definitely way higher. They are in trouble because inflation is impossible to hide, and if the Fed raises rates stawks are going to crater, so they are screwed either way. We need a 2008-like reset.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks for the reminder.

The weird thing about the crack pipe meme is that I even read an article on Daily Wire where the body of the article refuted their headline. But we are living in a leadup to midterms where everyone is trying to weaponize outrage and stupidity.

This one is going 'round lefty circles, for example.
gazpacho-police.jpeg

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
I hope he dies a painful death.
my first thought was does this pos even deserve a fair trial? do we really expect him to become a useful member of society, ever? do people wanna feed him on taxpayers' money? will anyone ever miss him? this is a case when you simply know at first sight that just sinking him down the toilet would be the most effective and deserved solution.

i know that's wrong and goes against the foundations of modern legal systems, but i can't feel any sympathy for violent sociopaths/psychopats. they will never change.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
my first thought was does this pos even deserve a fair trial? do we really expect him to become a useful member of society, ever? do people wanna feed him on taxpayers' money? will anyone ever miss him? this is a case when you simply know at first sight that just sinking him down the toilet would be the most effective and deserved solution.

i know that's wrong and goes against the foundations of modern legal systems, but i can't feel any sympathy for violent sociopaths/psychopats. they will never change.
:agree:

What I will never understand from the abolitionist arguments that “death penalty is not a deterrent” is that everyone knows it’s not a deterrent for violent sociopaths/psychopaths like serial killers and mass murderers. Those people are irredeemable. So what’s the idea. We keep them incarcerated for decades on tax payers dime just for shits and giggles? They deserve to die. If anything it’s the humane thing to do.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
:agree:

What I will never understand from the abolitionist arguments that “death penalty is not a deterrent” is that everyone knows it’s not a deterrent for violent sociopaths/psychopaths like serial killers and mass murderers. Those people are irredeemable. So what’s the idea. We keep them incarcerated for decades on tax payers dime just for shits and giggles? They deserve to die. If anything it’s the humane thing to do.
I guess their argument is that every now and then an innocent could get convicted and killed, which would be too tragic/inhumane.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 226)