'Murica! (264 Viewers)

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
It's not necessarily a bad thing to expose your kids to these things. If anything it's good to build immunity against viruses like chickenpox at a young age as opposed to developing shingles later on in life, for example. That's just one of them
It isn't, but it's just funny how now all of sudden we're so worried about the health of kids and performing back flips on masks. Meanwhile, child obesity is a big problem (no pun intended), just like kids getting healthy meals at those same public schools.

"Son, take that goddamn mask off, ur gonna hurt ur immune system!"

*takes mask off*

"Good boy, now here's your 20 piece McNugget and 90oz. Mountain Dew."

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
I think it’s dumb for kids to have mask mandated. I think if kids get sick, then that’s the parents probably and if teachers get sick and can’t teach, then that’s the way it goes. We’ve been coddling people way too much during this pandemic.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
It isn't, but it's just funny how now all of sudden we're so worried about the health of kids and performing back flips on masks. Meanwhile, child obesity is a big problem (no pun intended), just like kids getting healthy meals at those same public schools.

"Son, take that goddamn mask off, ur gonna hurt ur immune system!"

*takes mask off*

"Good boy, now here's your 20 piece McNugget and 90oz. Mountain Dew."
False equivalence, no one is forcing kids to eat mcds. School is not there to regulate kids health or diet.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
They aren't focusing on the real problems, playing into the whole left-right paradigm bullshit.
It does play into the conspiracy theory that all of this existential conflict is just theater to distract us from anything that actually might matter.

Even CNN has jumped ship on masking for kids

My question is what does all that even have to do with investing?

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Those fat fucks and their never ending health problems is why we can't have single payer healthcare
It is the same reason why our universal healthcare has big wait lists for certain elective surgeries. Fat fucks bogging down the system with all their health problems. And then they have the audacity to bitch and moan about doctors telling them many of their health problems would be solved or at least significantly improve if they lost weight.

Jun 16, 2020
False equivalence, no one is forcing kids to eat mcds. School is not there to regulate kids health or diet.
I think school has a important role in guiding kids in health and diet.

Last week I worked with some woman who studied 3 years in the USA, she told me that at campus of the 5 restaurants they had, 4 of them sold fast food.

My daughter goes to a ‘fit school’ (coincidentally it’s the closest school to our home) meaning kids get fruit on a daily base, there’s a dietician available for parents and children, extra gymnastic lessons and it’s actually forbidden to bring candy or soda to school, unless it’s for some birthday or special occasion.

I don’t see why schools shouldn’t stimulate a healthy diet, after all students in every age group consume a lot during school.

lgorTudor

Jan 15, 2015

Last week I worked with some woman who studied 3 years in the USA, she told me that at campus of the 5 restaurants they had, 4 of them sold fast food.

My daughter goes to a ‘fit school’ (coincidentally it’s the closest school to our home) meaning kids get fruit on a daily base, there’s a dietician available for parents and children, extra gymnastic lessons and it’s actually forbidden to bring candy or soda to school, unless it’s for some birthday or special occasion.

I don’t see why schools shouldn’t stimulate a healthy diet, after all students in every age group consume a lot during school.
I just don't understand what parents are doing today. When I was a kid I had to eat a week worth of vegetables to get a bag of chips out of my parents and most of my school friends (with few exceptions) too. And fatties were bullied 24/7. That wasn't so long ago? We truly live in a different world.

Jun 16, 2020
Feeding your kids shit and turning them into morbidly obese diabetics is a good thing? Lol

Straight up child abuse. Child protection services should be taking such kids away from their parents.
Most fat kids have fat parents aswel, they’re just a product of their environment. Parents never learned how to have a proper diet, and children become a victim of the stupidity of their parents.

I do think tho that there’s a big difference between Europe and the US in that regard.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
I just don't understand what parents are doing today. When I was a kid I had to eat a week worth of vegetables to get a bag of chips out of my parents and most of my school friends (with few exceptions) too. And fatties were bullied 24/7. That wasn't so long ago? We truly live in a different world.
Not to mention, parents didn’t let us sit around playing video games after school or on the weekends. Parenting has gone to shit.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
Most fat kids have fat parents aswel, they’re just a product of their environment. Parents never learned how to have a proper diet, and children become a victim of the stupidity of their parents.

I do think tho that there’s a big difference between Europe and the US in that regard.
How much of an excuse can that be though? Nobody doesn't know that obesity is terrible for you and what foods get you there. How can someone in a modern 21st century society claim ignorance of these things?

Fatties are addicts for sugar.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005

I believe that to be the parents' job, school imo ought to serve a very specific role and that is to provide a decent education which they clearly they don't in the US seeing how low they score when compared to other nation. School unions crave a red herring to distract from their total failure in their miasion. Not to mention, there are already plenty of kids who need specific diets kosher/halal/allergen free it just never ends.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
How much of an excuse can that be though? Nobody doesn't know that obesity is terrible for you and what foods get you there. How can someone in a modern 21st century society claim ignorance of these things?

Fatties are addicts for sugar.
I mean, the functional illiteracy rate of inner city Detroit is 47%… which means almost one in two people can’t read at the level of a 9-10 year old child and therefore can’t function properly in society.

People are dumb as fuck.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 254)