Movies you've seen recently... (12 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003
I watched Alpha Dog last night. It was a good film and a sad story. I also thought Justin Timberlake was suprisingly good in it.

Then i watched never back down. Was far too cheesy and was full of cliches but still quite entertaining.

oh shut up :D

but anyway I'm trying to look for similar movies, equally depressing movies I'd say. any suggestions?
Magnolia

Buy on AliExpress.com

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
I saw it on Thursday night, very good. Typical Tarantino, theatrical, gory, action mixed with comedy.

Christoph Waltz will be Oscar nominated for his performance. Some of the accents were deliberately thrown off which was pretty funny. Quite a few nods to other films as well.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
He's too sad to tell us about it. Can't you see? :rolleyes:
His best movie since Pulp Fiction. QT went back to his old self. The movie is 152 minutes long, but it doesn't feel like it.

The gore isn't as bad as people make it out to be. Usual WWII violence plus scalpings. But nothing like the Kill Bills or the gore in Death Proof.

Brad Pitt was good, his counter part was excellent. Mike Myers has a pleasant cameo. Overall the cast was excellent and Diane Krueger's pub scene was refreshing.

One trailer that interested me was a re-make of Wolfman starring B. Del Torro, Tony Hopkins, and Ugo MakingClothesTheSlowWay. Avatar was on the trail set as well, but I can't tell if it's going to be something wonderful and cinematically amazing or a crap movie with great effects.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
His best movie since Pulp Fiction. QT went back to his old self. The movie is 152 minutes long, but it doesn't feel like it.
I agree that it's his best flick since Pulp, but I disagree in that I started feeling that it was running long about 90 minutes into it.

The gore isn't as bad as people make it out to be. Usual WWII violence plus scalpings. But nothing like the Kill Bills or the gore in Death Proof.

Brad Pitt was good, his counter part was excellent. Mike Myers has a pleasant cameo. Overall the cast was excellent and Diane Krueger's pub scene was refreshing.
I think it could have been a better movie with a little more editing and a little less of the Jewish revenge fantasy angle. But otherwise it's a hoot.

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
I watched Alpha Dog last night. It was a good film and a sad story. I also thought Justin Timberlake was suprisingly good in it.

Then i watched never back down. Was far too cheesy and was full of cliches but still quite entertaining.

Magnolia
Timberlake is a very talented guy. Probably one of few male popstars that is not a douche, but a dude.

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
Last movies I watched:

Capote - Hoffman is truly amazing (his performance could have easily been way over the top), as is the rest of the cast. Once you stop being impressed by the acting though, the movie fades out a little bit. The story is not as gripping as I expected.

End Game - a Cuba Gooding Jr action flick. Need I say more? Some mildly original & amusing moments, but the execution of it all was rather poor.

Battle In Seattle - movie about the WTO conference & all problems that came with it in Seattle a few years back. Impressive cast (Theron, Liotta, ...) and a really enjoyable movie.

And rewatched one of my absolute favourites:
Fight Club - no explanation needed I would think.

Byrone

Peen Meister
Dec 19, 2005
:tup::tup::tup:

One thing i cant stand about horror movies is when one of the characters knocks out the bad guy,why do they always leave the fucker like that?Why not finish him off?? That really annoys me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 12)