Movies you've seen recently... (13 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
21 grams

Really cool way to make a movie. Instead of taking it from A to B with all the buildups on the way just clip a highlight reel and let us fill in the blanks. Liked everyone, but especially Eddie Marsan who was the reverend.

Storyline reminds me of Seven Pounds, fates intertwined and all that.
Damn Mart. Never thought I'd see the day when we liked the same movie. Glad to see you enjoyed it.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
21 grams

Really cool way to make a movie. Instead of taking it from A to B with all the buildups on the way just clip a highlight reel and let us fill in the blanks. Liked everyone, but especially Eddie Marsan who was the reverend.

Except that 21 grams wipes the floor with Seven Pounds, in every aspect of film making.

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

21 grams

It wasn't too boring for you? :shocked:

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
21 grams

21 grams was great

Eℓvin;2103962 said:
Speaking of Seven Pounds, that movie sucked aaaassss :tdown:
word

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
The English Patient

So I was wrong about Ralph Fiennes being a B actor. (But then if you'd read my signature you'd wouldn't be quite so shocked.) Turns out he can also play a moody, self absorbed and annoying writer wannabe. Doesn't change the fact that he sucked in In Bruges :p

I started watching this movie thinking I'd like it as much as Elaine on Seinfeld. It's not that bad though, even though it is really long and contains an interminable stream of not-so-thrilling reveries. The central love affair plot is pretty tedious, but what's happening around it is more interesting. Female actors much better than the males in this one.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
The English Patient is one of the most boring movies I've ever seen. I guess I know what movies to watch from now on, all the ones that you think are extremely boring

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
The Wrestler

Best movie I've seen in a while, certainly since I got back form vacation. Not interested in any of the wrestling stuff, but the guy is really compelling.

Since I liked it, Jack should not watch it.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
English Patient was very very tedious. Despite the fine actors, it was just bit meeeh, even if I get what they were shooting for. But lol, Ralph Fieness done LOTS of more compelling work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 11)