Movies you've seen recently... (61 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
The Wrestler

Best movie I've seen in a while, certainly since I got back form vacation. Not interested in any of the wrestling stuff, but the guy is really compelling.

Since I liked it, Jack should not watch it.
Actually, I never even thought of watching it. I know what I am expecting from it. So, yes your conclusion was spot on (in one way or another)

Buy on AliExpress.com

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
just saw 'Surveillance'

awesome film
Indeed, checked this up due to you mentionning it, but even if flawed constructed at times, it was a really interesting and morbidly fascinating thriller (real wtf at times). The acting was just ace, that little girl still has me confounded :D

Martin

Dec 31, 2000

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Yeah it has REALLY mixed reviews, and I get why in parts (sloppy directing, Lynchs daughter), dwindled a little in last 30 mins, but whats important is an unique an interesting flick, for sure for me. 7 out of 10 or so.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
Step up :shifty:

Tastes are different, I know, I was actually asking what you liked in that one.
Never heard of it.

What I liked? I thought the story was realistic. A retired performer can't do his job anymore, so what else is he gonna do? And not just a performer but a slightly screwed up individual, who can't manage his personal relationships very well, doesn't have any other skills and generally isn't great at thinking ahead. A guy who's given his life to his profession and that profession has in turn given him a good life (presumably), but he's neglected everything else. It's a mundane everyday life kind of story that has a lot to do with many people's lives and the risks and outcomes that may follow.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Never heard of it.

What I liked? I thought the story was realistic. A retired performer can't do his job anymore, so what else is he gonna do? And not just a performer but a slightly screwed up individual, who can't manage his personal relationships very well, doesn't have any other skills and generally isn't great at thinking ahead. A guy who's given his life to his profession and that profession has in turn given him a good life (presumably), but he's neglected everything else. It's a mundane everyday life kind of story that has a lot to do with many people's lives and the risks and outcomes that may follow.
It is based on a true story, no?

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
Never heard of it.

I liked it. Though I could see how many might not enjoy the film.

Jul 5, 2006
Quantum of Solace,nice action scenes but something is missing in this movie,but i dont know what it is:/

Changeling,seen it again,i love this movie,Angie is at the top of acting indeed, i also love the kid performers,they deserve admiration:tup:..***..

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
ĵџvє_вãвγ;2105755 said:
Quantum of Solace,nice action scenes but something is missing in this movie,but i dont know what it is:/

Changeling,seen it again,i love this movie,Angie is at the top of acting indeed, i also love the kid performers,they deserve admiration:tup:..***..

lack of a commanding Bond girl, weak storyline

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 61)