Movies you've seen recently... (113 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
Dog Day Afternoon

Not really in the mood for a hostage movie (hadn't checked what it was about), so I might have been more impressed otherwise. But a good movie overall. Liked the story, the environment of it all, the people. Very down to earth and might be a good telling of what actually happened in a lot of failed bank robberies. Says it was based on a true story, but who knows how many liberties they took, Hollywood always does.

Liked the hostages most of all, the gamut of behavior under those conditions. So much more depth than the usual fear->indignation->rebellion->punishment->fear cycle they serve you in a lot of hostage movies.

I imagine it was [supposed to be at the least] historically accurate. With the mistrust of the police, the employment opportunities, the standard of life.

Having Barcelona symptoms about Pacino. Hoori was right, but I hardly want to compliment him lest I fan the flames of worship further. I still don't get why you can dislike something purely because a group of people likes it, but I'm gonna figure it out someday. His partner was also very good.

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
I'm the Imperatore of Juventuz. after you left, and JCk could not handle the pressure, I assumed the title of supreme ruler. JCK, Swag, and Bozi are my minions that do my bidding now.

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
Having Barcelona symptoms about Pacino. Hoori was right, but I hardly want to compliment him lest I fan the flames of worship further. I still don't get why you can dislike something purely because a group of people likes it,
:lol:

but I'm gonna figure it out someday.
Let me know about it then :D

But I think it's not really because of a group of people simply liking something. It's more because you feel that something is being hyped thus you start to oppose it.

His partner was also very good.
John Cazale. This man has a beautiful yet sad story. He had starred in Godfathers I and II and also in the Conversation. His last movie was The Deer Hunter which was being filmed when Cazale was ill with bone cancer. He became engaged to Meryl Streep (his co-star in Deer Hunter) while filming the movie. The director knew about his illness but the studio didn't. When they discovered about it, they wanted to dismiss him but Meryl Streep, threatened to quit if Cazale was removed. He died shortly after filming that movie.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
But I think it's not really because of a group of people simply liking something. It's more because you feel that something is being hyped thus you start to oppose it.
Exactly, an undeserved reputation. But it's also something to do with sharing an opinion with a group of people you don't like, or specifically their culture in some way you don't like. For instance I don't like the culture around mafia movies, I think it's immature. And Pacino is just about the posterboy for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 113)