Movies you've seen recently... (4 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
I saw Vicky, Cristina, Barcelona yesterday and though it did assure me Penelope is actually a lot hotter than Scarlett, it was a "meh" movie after all. Young american girls fall head over heals for an exotic european, who is naturally an artist with a bohemian lifestyle and drives a convertible. Feels like you've seen it thousands of times.
No one is hotter than Scarlett. I call blasphemy.

But you're right, Europeans are often portrayed like that. The funny thing is that I met some Americans in Bologna who automatically assumed I was some kind of troubled arty farty soul because I was Belgian. So anything I said was supposed to be real deep :D. In all fairness though, when you're in Italy and you're American or you speak English, the Italians do anything to keep that image strong.

Marko

GhostDog
May 1, 2006
Oh dear God, Elvin...you're actually a chick inside, aren't you? :D A guy walks over to 2 incredibly hot tourist chicks, invites them to fly with him to the otherside of the country they are visiting and ends up sleeping with both of them. And to top it all off, he ends up living and being in a 3-way relationship with 2 incredibly hot women. "They complete each other".

It's a nice fantasy and all but what exactly there do you see hapening in real life, you hopeless romantic you? :D
Fantasy?! I used to live with two incredibly hot girls.:juventus:

btw, I watched Frost/Nixon, much respect for what Frost did, but movie is nothing special.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003

But you're right, Europeans are often portrayed like that. The funny thing is that I met some Americans in Bologna who automatically assumed I was some kind of troubled arty farty soul because I was Belgian. So anything I said was supposed to be real deep :D. In all fairness though, when you're in Italy and you're American or you speak English, the Italians do anything to keep that image strong.
:lol:

Fantasy?! I used to live with two incredibly hot girls.:juventus:

btw, I watched Frost/Nixon, much respect for what Frost did, but movie is nothing special.
say hi to your sisters:pimp:
:lol:

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
Wrestler. It was by far the best film of this year IMO. It's kinda portraying Mickey Rourke's real life who was a star in the 80's but slowly started to fall down in the early 90's. This is about how some people stop in a particular part of time and how they cannot adapt themselves to the world changing a lot. The more they refuse to accept it, the more the society refuses to accept them and all of a sudden they become completely secluded. I don't understand why this film has been soooo unnoticed in the Oscars but I at least hope for Mickey Rourke to win the Academy award. 10/10

Decent and unbiased movie I say. It made me like Nixon, sympathize with him, feel sorry for him and dislike him throughout watching.

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

Yeah, I used to think that too, but in this movie...Penelope trumps her in every possible way. I usually go for brunette over blonde, Scarlett was once an exception but not in this case. Come on, Penelope was uber-hot in this one.

I'm certain there is some truth to it, but it's kind of annoying seeing it all the time in american movies. It's like there aren't regular people here. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)