Movies you've seen recently... (7 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
i'm very curious about the whole watchmen thing. I keep hearing how incredible the books are, but being someone that neither grew up with comics nor ever developed a taste for them, i'm not sure if I want to read the comic beforehand or not.
It's just one book (graphic novel, whatever). I also never read comics as a kid, though I did like superhero cartoons and that sort of thing. I read Watchmen last year on the advice of some friends, and enjoyed it. I'd read Miller's The Dark Knight Returns shortly beforehand (it's equally legendary in that medium), so I'd already decided I enjoyed them.

I figure you should read Watchmen before the film. It's supposed to be a fairly faithful adaptation, so if you've read it, you'll focus on the visuals (which will be fairly impressive, I don't doubt) and not get bogged down trying to follow the plot. Of course, the alternative is good too.

I was actually going to see Gomorrah tonight, but now I'm not so sure
Go see it. Maybe you'll agree it's not a great film, maybe you'll love it, but it's certainly worth watching.

Marko

GhostDog
May 1, 2006
Traffic or 21 Grams?

I need to put one on download,and i dont know which one is better.I primarily want to watch the movie for Del Toro's perfromance.Which one's the better movie and which has the better performance by Del Toro?

What kind of internet connection do you have? Dial-up?:D
Download them all!
And if you ask me, 21 grams is one of the better movies in this century.

Bozi

The Bozman
Administrator
Oct 18, 2005
I saw Waltz with Bashir today, real good. I encourage you all to watch it. especially the folks who post on the middle east thread
really want to see that but couldn't drah my GF to see it

watched "recount" last night, very well made and opens your eyes to one of the most unbelievable events to happen in the western world

also watched "Das Boot" directors cut,the general claustrophobia was great,films such as "crimson tide" and "red october" may have surpassed it in terms of sheer drama but it was an excellent film nonetheless

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
Doc Martens... I never knew they were badass until I saw the movie.:lol:

I watched about half of that. It wasn't bad... Pretty interesting, even though I only saw the middle half.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)