Movies you've seen recently... (8 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
The Curious Case of Benjamin Button. An entertaining movie with some very touching quotes but it seems that Eric Roth (the screenwriter) has repeated his Forrest Gump here. Same routine, same type of narrating, same descriptions and very similar quotes. I liked the movie though and it sure worths watching but it's far from a great picture. 7/10

I watched one good epic Documentary film , very touched , filmed in Alaska ,
" Into a wild "

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0758758/

very good film IMO :tup:
great movie, but I think it was a proper film, not exactly a documentary
Yea, that was a biopic not quite a documentary. Many great acts and stories. Too bad it had spoiled for me before I started watching it :p

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
The Curious Case of Benjamin Button. An entertaining movie with some very touching quotes but it seems that Eric Roth (the screenwriter) has repeated his Forrest Gump here. Same routine, same type of narrating, same descriptions and very similar quotes. I liked the movie though and it sure worths watching but it's far from a great picture. 7/10
Watch this.

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

I saw Vicky, Cristina, Barcelona yesterday and though it did assure me Penelope is actually a lot hotter than Scarlett, it was a "meh" movie after all. Young american girls fall head over heals for an exotic european, who is naturally an artist with a bohemian lifestyle and drives a convertible. Feels like you've seen it thousands of times.

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
I saw Vicky, Cristina, Barcelona yesterday and though it did assure me Penelope is actually a lot hotter than Scarlett, it was a "meh" movie after all. Young american girls fall head over heals for an exotic european, who is naturally an artist with a bohemian lifestyle and drives a convertible. Feels like you've seen it thousands of times.
:agree: :agree:

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
Give me one movie example with that scenario.

It happens more often in real life than you'd think, but I don't recall seeing it portrayed in films as much.

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

Eℓvin;1903589 said:
Give me one movie example with that scenario.

It happens more often in real life than you'd think, but I don't recall seeing it portrayed in films as much.
Are you kidding me? Practically every time a european(be it Italian, Spanish, French, etc.) is portrayed in an american film, he's an artist with a troubled soul that's got more mojo than Don Juan de Marco. Talk about a cliche.

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
Are you kidding me? Practically every time a european(be it Italian, Spanish, French, etc.) is portrayed in an american film, he's an artist with a troubled soul that's got more mojo than Don Juan de Marco. Talk about a cliche.
More like mob guys man. That's TV you're thinking of, TV. :D

I get your point tho, I just can't remember the whole movie strictly based on that scenario, and be so surreal.
The whole script and acting was very realistic. It wasn't Antonio Banderas just showing up and all the women in the room getting wet just by looking at him, it seemed like smth that could happen in real life..

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

Eℓvin;1903598 said:
More like mob guys man. That's TV you're thinking of, TV. :D

I get your point tho, I just can't remember the whole movie strictly based on that scenario, and be so surreal.
The whole script and acting was very realistic. It wasn't Antonio Banderas just showing up and all the women in the room getting wet just by looking at him, it seemed like smth that could happen in real life..
Oh dear God, Elvin...you're actually a chick inside, aren't you? :D A guy walks over to 2 incredibly hot tourist chicks, invites them to fly with him to the otherside of the country they are visiting and ends up sleeping with both of them. And to top it all off, he ends up living and being in a 3-way relationship with 2 incredibly hot women. "They complete each other".

It's a nice fantasy and all but what exactly there do you see hapening in real life, you hopeless romantic you? :D

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
haha

Well dude. I know for a fact that women's bitch shield is inactive when she's on vacation, simply because whatever she does has absolutely no social consequences (ie. getting called a slut by her peer group, ruining her reputation etc), and me having been around touristic centers for the big part of my life have seen with my own eyes German college chicks being almost suspiciously too easy for my older cousin, who was a bartender at this resort in Cyprus.

Now I am a romantic, but this shit really does happen man.
Even my fat friend got laid by a Finnish chick on vacation... he fuckin never gets any for Christ's sake :D

PS That Juan Antonio dude was rich and interesting, I mean if he doesn't get laid, who does FFS? :D

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
Oct 2, 2001
don't talk shit about Scarlett :stuckup:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)