Movies you've seen recently... (8 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cuti

The Real MC
Jul 30, 2006
Quite good and not bad are not the same thing :D
Actually i think Pulp Fiction was very good, from the way that it plays with your mind a bit, as does Reservoir Dogs.

Nyla

Mar 26, 2008
The Last King of Scotland - sorta good but Forrest Whitaker's performance was defintely convincing.

Pulp Fiction is one of my all time favorite films. Quentin Tarantino is a genius.

Zaim

Dec 1, 2007
I saw Crank (starring Jason Statham) today. Crazy movie, but I enjoyed it. Raw action mixed with funny moments. The plot is that the main character is poisoned with something while he was sleeping and he will die if he doesnt keep pomping his blood pressure up :p. This results in crazy and sometimes funny efforts to keep producing adrenaline. It was fun to watch.

Jan 7, 2004
Adrian Brody's performance in it is one of the greatest ive ever seen.I cant imagine any other actor who would have looked so perfect in that role.What's sad however,is that The Pianist is probably the only noteworthy performance Brody has pulled off till now.Kinda like Jamie Foxx's performance in Ray...great performances,but they might go down as the only huge highlights of potentially average careers.

i'm sure the director plays a big role in it.

Marko

GhostDog
May 1, 2006
Charlie Wilson's War, based on George Crile's book about the CIA's largest and most successful covert CIA operation, the arming of the Mujahedeen in Afghanistan. The covert ops were engineered by Charlie Wilson (Hanks), a charismatic, wheeler-dealer, liberal Texas congressman who teamed with a rogue CIA operative (Hoffman). The two manipulated Congress, the CIA and a host of foreign governments in order to assist the Afghan rebels in their fight against the Soviets in the 1980s. Many of the men armed by the CIA went on to become the Taliban's enforcers and Osama bin Laden's protectors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)