Movies you've seen recently... (9 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Curr

Feb 3, 2007
:sergio: did you like the hangover?
Not really.

Yeah, i thought it was going to be aweful and a cash in on the success of borat. The second part of that was true, but it was really good. I cant be bothered to say anymore, other than its a comedy and i laughed a lot, unlike some films that claim to be comedies and just arent...ie 'the hangover'.
I liked both Bruno and Borat. (Borat is better obviously)

Buy on AliExpress.com

The Curr

Feb 3, 2007
ok im just confused, you dont like bad films and youdo like good films, but you didnt like district 9? do you just not like the genre?
What genre is that exactly? Absolute shite? :D

Seriously though, for about 68,800 reasons why I thought it sucked just google "district 9 plot holes".

Ford Prefect

May 28, 2009
1) Why don't the prawns help Christopher and Wikus during the big battle at the end?

Because they were being moved to district 10

2) When Christopher and Wikus assault the MNU building, Wikus is seeing getting security access using his codes and fingerprints. Wouldn't the MNU have already deleted him from their database after being a fugitive?

It was less than day and he was going to be killed, probably not the top of the agenda. or call it artistic licence.

3) Why does only Christopher want to gather fluid to get off Earth? Why don't the rest of the prawns help him?

They make a clear point that most of them were stupid workers and that christopher was one of the only intelligent 'prawns' which is why he that set up and the other 'prawns' didnt understand what he was doing.

3) How does Wikus start the car on the getaway from the MNU complex?

either call artistic licence into play or he hotwired it.
5) When Wikus is piloting the hidden shuttle, he is shot down by a Surface to Air Missle (SAM) unit from the MNU. At the end, however, when Christopher and his son use the hidden shuttle to fly back to the mothership, why don't they just shoot them down again?

One assumes because the south ifricans were so happy to see them leaving.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
what a load of garbage crap that inglorious basterds movie was, just mentioning again makes me gag, tarantino has completely lost it i still cant believe it was that bad despite chris waltz valiant effort he couldnt prevent a failure of this envergure theres so much wrong with it dont know where to start.

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
The Hunting Party - ok, but I feel that this movie really had a lot of potential that wasn't fulfilled. Casting Richard Gere in this role was also a bad move.

Also rewatched a true classic:
The Deer Hunter - vintage De Niro with great support by the entire cast. The only negative as far as I'm concerned is the runtime. At 183 min. it's just a bit too long for this story.

Ford Prefect

May 28, 2009
what a load of garbage crap that inglorious basterds movie was, just mentioning again makes me gag, tarantino has completely lost it i still cant believe it was that bad despite chris waltz valiant effort he couldnt prevent a failure of this envergure theres so much wrong with it dont know where to start.
It's better thankill bill

Franky4Fingers

Mr. I'm Always Right
May 24, 2007
Also rewatched a true classic:
The Deer Hunter - vintage De Niro with great support by the entire cast. The only negative as far as I'm concerned is the runtime. At 183 min. it's just a bit too long for this story.
Also rewatched The Deer Hunter a couple of weeks ago. Totally forgot how great it was!

Right now I'm in some kind of "rewatching-spaghetti-western-period". I'm a great fan of the Man With No Name.

Sadomin

Apr 5, 2005
I went in without expectations and I rather enjoyed it.

Actually, I'll rent it as soon as it comes out.

BIG DADDY!!!

Mar 12, 2004
Also rewatched The Deer Hunter a couple of weeks ago. Totally forgot how great it was!

Right now I'm in some kind of "rewatching-spaghetti-western-period". I'm a great fan of the Man With No Name.
I watched Deer Hunter for the first time a few weeks back, i enjoyed it but it was on for far to long.

I hope your watching Once Upon A Time In The West in your 'Spaghetti Western Period", in my opinion its Sergio Leone's finest film.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 9)