Movies you've seen recently... (13 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zé Tahir

JhoolayLaaaal!
Dec 10, 2004
Talvisota (Vinterkriget) - Finnish movie that tells the story of a platoon during Winter War. Probably one of the best war movies I've seen; it's hard to imagine it's 19 years old because it's incredibly done. Only problem I have with it is that its a bit long.

Cuti

The Real MC
Jul 30, 2006
In the past few weeks I've seen:
- Indiana Jones and the crystal skull(on emirates, fucking great flight), was not bad
- Kung Fu Panda (also on Emirates, way back to Malta was even better), a different animation film
- The Mexican, seemed like quite an interesting film, but missed parts as it was on tv and had to go out.
- Harold & Kumar escape from Guantanamo bay. Has its funny moments
- Taxi 2, the french film not the shitty american one. Quite funny
- Desperados- "The mexican version of pulp fiction" i enjoyed it

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
OK, posted this in another thread, but finished watching 1963's Yesterday, Today & Tomorrow last night. Brilliant stuff. Sophia Loren's first pic in 7 years, and paired with Marcello Mastroianni in three shorts where they play different characters in each.

Genius movie. De Sica still has it in this, though it's a bit more sentimental than his usual hard knocks Italian neorealism.

Yes, it's got the famous Sophia strip tease scene. But Mastroianni -- some real genius. His Bolognese character in the third bit is so hilariously over the top, I am convinced it is what inspired the Vinny Vedecci character on Saturday Night Live.

It won the 1964 Oscar for best foreign film -- beating out the also excellent and recommended (despite being a musical) Les Parapluies de Cherbourg (The Umbrellas of Cherbourg).

Bisco

Nov 21, 2005
Jeux d'enfants (love me if you dare) thats the english title of the movie.

its a pretty good movie, not the usual romantic type though. this one is alot more complex and leaves the ending for you to deciede. quite a brilliant movie but make sure u get proper sub titles to this one bec it makes a massive difference.

tomorrow i should be watching 21 grams.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
OK, posted this in another thread, but finished watching 1963's Yesterday, Today & Tomorrow last night. Brilliant stuff. Sophia Loren's first pic in 7 years, and paired with Marcello Mastroianni in three shorts where they play different characters in each.

Genius movie. De Sica still has it in this, though it's a bit more sentimental than his usual hard knocks Italian neorealism.

Yes, it's got the famous Sophia strip tease scene. But Mastroianni -- some real genius. His Bolognese character in the third bit is so hilariously over the top, I am convinced it is what inspired the Vinny Vedecci character on Saturday Night Live.

It won the 1964 Oscar for best foreign film -- beating out the also excellent and recommended (despite being a musical) Les Parapluies de Cherbourg (The Umbrellas of Cherbourg).
I was in high school the first time I saw Yesterday, Today, and Tomorrow. I saw it again later in life and understood it much better.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
One and the same. Just that's it's better with Michael Mann.

I was in high school the first time I saw Yesterday, Today, and Tomorrow. I saw it again later in life and understood it much better.
No way. Not that I took you for a fan of the Pauly Shore Film Festival, but Yesterday, Today, and Tomorrow is not your run-of-the-mill high school movie. I'm impressed you actually saw that in high school.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 13)