Movie Talk (New Films, Old Films... doesn't matter) (51 Viewers)

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Just watched this, might be Jason Statham's best movie (as the lead). Well done brutal action crime thriller.

P.S If you plan to watch it soon, skip the trailer, it spoils major plot point.

BayernFan

Feb 17, 2016
Can recommend this one. Watched it first time many years ago and again recently. Also much better than that garbage piece of shit propaganda film the Russians made in 2013 with the same name.

This gives a much better perspective what the battle was all about, how it was the bloodiest, most savage and deadliest battle in the history of warfare and why it was the beginning of the end for the Wehrmacht.

Full movie is even on Youtube, else it's possible to rent it for a small fee on same channel.

Siamak

╭∩╮( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)╭∩╮
Aug 13, 2013
Can recommend this one. Watched it first time many years ago and again recently. Also much better than that garbage piece of shit propaganda film the Russians made in 2013 with the same name.

This gives a much better perspective what the battle was all about, how it was the bloodiest, most savage and deadliest battle in the history of warfare and why it was the beginning of the end for the Wehrmacht.

Full movie is even on Youtube, else it's possible to rent it for a small fee on same channel.

These old classics are better than today's garbage regardless how the special effects have upgraded

CrimsonianKing

U can't expect an Inexperienced team like Juventus
Jan 16, 2013

What’s your opinion on Das Boot? I recommended it to a friend the other day. It’s by far one of my favorite war movies.

BayernFan

Feb 17, 2016
What’s your opinion on Das Boot? I recommended it to a friend the other day. It’s by far one of my favorite war movies.
One of the best war movies ever made.

This scene still gives me goosebumps. Iconic movie.

- - - Updated - - -

These old classics are better than today's garbage regardless how the special effects have upgraded
Did you enjoy the movie?

Also you @CrimsonianKing

Last edited:

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Just watched this, might be Jason Statham's best movie (as the lead). Well done brutal action crime thriller.

P.S If you plan to watch it soon, skip the trailer, it spoils major plot point.

What are the candidates? Spy and Fast and Furious? :D

I will probably watch it tonight. I had no idea it was Guy Ritchie behind it.

Statham is imo one of the most annoying actors in this generation. I enjoyed much more watching Schwarzenegger, Bruce Willis and Sylvester Stallone.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Haha you know what I meant douchen

And no one watches Statham for his acting lol

This looks hella creative, crazy cast, love me some Fela Kuti mixed with Barrington Levy soundtrack

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Netflix with blacks in western and even more, black woman hahahaha
Read up on a bit on American history. You will be surprised how diverse the Western frontier was after the civil war. Not just freed slaves, but well trained buffalo soldiers (some characters in above trailer look and dress like former buffalos).

Frontier was number one trip people made to get new starts. And unsettled areas like the new west had less prejudice compared to settled big towns, when the main goal was survival. The cluster of people made it mixed bag as a practical consequence (sometimes especially amongst outlaws, which is allways the focus of movies).

Also the menial job and skillset of a cowboy (cattle herding, not just John Wayneing outlaws lol) is as blue collar as they come, and who was most likely to be called "boy" in those days .

No but seriously, Hollywood perception aside,quite likely post civil war that 1 in 4 amongst cowboys were of colour on sheer job opportunity alone (in texas during civil war, the slaves were left to run the ranches, crash course in skillset of a cowboy). Or way before that with Mexican vaqueros, who are the first original cowboys.

Last edited:
Jun 8, 2021
Read up on a bit on American history. You will be surprised how diverse the Western frontier was after the civil war. Not just freed slaves, but well trained buffalo soldiers (some characters in above trailer look and dress like former buffalos).

Frontier was number one trip people made to get new starts. And unsettled areas like the new west had less prejudice compared to settled big towns, when the main goal was survival. The cluster of people made it mixed bag as a practical consequence (sometimes especially amongst outlaws, which is allways the focus of movies).

Also the menial job and skillset of a cowboy (cattle herding, not just John Wayneing outlaws lol) is as blue collar as they come, and who was most likely to be called "boy" in those days .

No but seriously, Hollywood perception aside,quite likely post civil war that 1 in 4 amongst cowboys were of colour on sheer job opportunity alone (in texas during civil war, the slaves were left to run the ranches, crash course in skillset of a cowboy). Or way before that with Mexican vaqueros, who are the first original cowboys.
Is that what you learn in gender studies nowdays?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 48)

• K10