Movie Talk (New Films, Old Films... doesn't matter) (72 Viewers)

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
I really enjoyed watching Persian Lessons. It was totally underground for me so I was sort of surprised. I really liked the ending. So fucking shocking it was based on true events.

Entre les murs was quite solid, I liked it.

Dheepan - I expected more. It's like it lacked something.

4 luni, 3 saptamâni si 2 zile - Pretty hard to watch but it's a great movie.

Dupa dealuri - Good.

Låt den rätte komma in - It was really strange (in a good way) and it left a mark. I enjoyed it and thought it was good, kinda sticks with you.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Truly exceptional movie. I remember being very impressed when I watched it.
Agreed. At first I didn't know what to think of it but when I gave it some time to digest it then it came out to be really good and unique in it's own way. There are some vampire movies but neither managed to leave this impression on me. I like it wasn't a Hollywood one because it would fail badly. It had a really nice atmosphere which was kinda spooky and mysterious. Sadly such movies are very rare imo.

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
Agreed. At first I didn't know what to think of it but when I gave it some time to digest it then it came out to be really good and unique in it's own way. There are some vampire movies but neither managed to leave this impression on me. I like it wasn't a Hollywood one because it would fail badly. It had a really nice atmosphere which was kinda spooky and mysterious. Sadly such movies are very rare imo.
Well, they did make a Hollywood remake. :grin:
Which was, obviously, disappointing. Although I seem to remember the remake getting pretty good reviews as well. Personally, I didn't like it because they ironed out some of the rougher edges & it lacked a lot of the atmosphere that made the original such a gem.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Well, they did make a Hollywood remake. :grin:
Which was, obviously, disappointing. Although I seem to remember the remake getting pretty good reviews as well. Personally, I didn't like it because they ironed out some of the rougher edges & it lacked a lot of the atmosphere that made the original such a gem.
:lol2: I had no idea. After watching my bro commented how he won't be surprised to see a Hollywood remake and I was like: naaaah, no way. LOL. Fuck their remakes.

Siamak

╭∩╮( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)╭∩╮
Aug 13, 2013

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
Color out of Space: I didn't really expect it, but I thought this was very good, an intense watch even. Very well made. Brilliant sound design as well. Although I'm sure many people would disagree with that opinion because this movie is, basically, completely batshit crazy. And there are also a few pretty disturbing bits. One in particular took me by surprise. Yikes.
Added bonus: it's also pretty funny at times. One single line of dialogue (& its delivery) cracked me up. "Drink? I'm having one." :rofl:

Unpregnant: Average teen movie, apparently.

Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark: Let's not. Complete waste of time.

Il diavolo e l'acquasanta: Ok, so I do enjoy the obscure movie every once in a while, but this was just dreadful. The beginning was somewhat promising, giving me the idea I was in for a good old Italian farce, but no, turns out this was just extremely boring.

Beautiful Boy: Pleasant surprise. Steve Carell was truly excellent in this role.

Jun 7, 2003
Color out of Space: I didn't really expect it, but I thought this was very good, an intense watch even. Very well made. Brilliant sound design as well. Although I'm sure many people would disagree with that opinion because this movie is, basically, completely batshit crazy. And there are also a few pretty disturbing bits. One in particular took me by surprise. Yikes.
Added bonus: it's also pretty funny at times. One single line of dialogue (& its delivery) cracked me up. "Drink? I'm having one." :rofl:
Enjoyed it also very much

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Cant download, cant find in any cinema outlet here in sweden, cant rent or pay for stream anywhere? Why make movies like this then make it so insanely unaccessible lol.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Cant download, cant find in any cinema outlet here in sweden, cant rent or pay for stream anywhere? Why make movies like this then make it so insanely unaccessible lol.
We have plenty of festival movies here but a lot aren't being shown and we come to the same problem. And, honestly, I don't know. I know a guy who's a young director here, he made some movie that were shown at fest in Berlin but I can't find it anywhere literally. Then six months later a copy appeared on Amazon but now I can't find even that. I think plenty of new directors make those in order to make their name big, make portfolio so they apply for bigger projects. Just checked and saw how Edson Oda literally made only that Nine Days movie as his biggest thing, all others were/are short movies, just like I thought. But yeah, it's still stupid you can't at least buy it somewhere.

Pegi

Feb 22, 2019
From the today's movies i'd say Blade Runner 2049 was one of the good ones. Can't remember many good other movies coming in the last 5 years or maybe i just refused to watch them, just because making a good movie seems to be so fucking difficult nowdays.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
. The pandemic messed with a bunch of these sort of film’s releases. It was a Sundance 2020 hit, got picked up and then had its cinematic release delayed by the pandemic all the way until last month. It’s showing at a couple cinemas right now over in Vancouver. I’d assume you’ll be able to stream/pay to watch it somewhere in the winter at some point.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 69)