Movie Talk (New Films, Old Films... doesn't matter) (131 Viewers)

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
It's just a stupid role. The way he kills is stupid. Is it his acting that's beyond good? To me it wasn't. To me it's crazy to hail Lebowski and say it's one of the best movies ever made, that's just insane.
Sorry bro but you have no idea what you are talking about, if you really are a fan of cinema you would get it. That might be a problem actually with watching a 1000 movies a year, it all becomes a giant blur.

Buy on AliExpress.com

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
Burn After Reading was decent, I'd give it a 7.

I watched No Country for Old Men and I think it's shit. I usually hate what other people like in their movies. For instance, their comedy to me is horrible while the villain is also horrible. I never read the book but I did not like that movie. I did not like O Brother, Where Art Thou? either.

Fargo was very good. And I don't think I've seen their other movies.

Watch Blood Simple.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Sorry bro but you have no idea what you are talking about, if you really are a fan of cinema you would get it. That might be a problem actually with watching a 1000 movies a year, it all becomes a giant blur.

Man, even that video is stupid. Hidden meaning and this movie just doesn't correlate. :p

And no, not quite. We have some members here who watch more than 300 movies per year. I'm not even one of them. I watched plenty recently 'cause of corona. There's no way I could watch even 360 movies per year, let alone more. It happens that I watched a couple over 2 months sometimes. Even when I'm on a movie streak I watched 1 movie per day which I find totally fine.

But even that doesn't relate tbh. I don't get the taunt. I really don't. Do all people have to like one movie lol... People are shocked that I don't like Lebowski. By default it makes no sense to have everyone agree on the same thing. You realize how stupid that is? It's not even Lebowski but I usually can't digest anything by Coen brothers. "You're wrong and I'm right, so Lebowski is great". It's a personal taste, it has nothing to do with getting it because that movie is quite shallow not to get it, unlike some artsy fartsy movie where you actually have to think about it. Also, from what I've seen there are tons of people who don't like the movie.

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
It's fine if you don't like The Big Lebowski and movies by the Coen Brothers, personal preference and all, but that doesn't take away from the movies being objectively great.

You can say you don't like them, but that's where it ends, because they simply aren't bad movies.

I don't like Breaking Bad, but i won't debate on it being a great show.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
It's fine if you don't like The Big Lebowski and movies by the Coen Brothers, personal preference and all, but that doesn't take away from the movies being objectively great.

You can say you don't like them, but that's where it ends, because they simply aren't bad movies.

I don't like Breaking Bad, but i won't debate on it being a great show.
It's not so easy, though.

Who says it's great? I'm here talking about any movie, not Lebowski nor any Coen brothers work. I see tons of super hero movies that I find stupid and are rated highly. Also, eventhough it's not a great parameter, but when you look at the imdb top 250 list you have the most rated movies amongst audience (dunno but I don't think there's any bigger site regarding movies and numbers). There are plenty of movies with extremely high rating and number of voters, but does that mean they are objectively good? I wouldn't say so. I happened to watch some that I did not like at all and they are rated really, really high. There are also scenarios where you find movies that aren't rated good but they'd enter your fav list movies, no?

I can understand someone not linking Breaking Bad or Game of Thrones due to the thematic background and simply not being into it. I could even understand that somebody likes GoT for the effects, politics but himself not enjoying such show. That means he doesn't like it. When that guy goes on imdb to rate he surely wouldn't give 10/10 thinking how it's great, but he doesn't rate it high himself.

It's not like I'm anti sci-fi yet I'm preparing to watch a sci-fi movie. Nor I'm anti adventure type of movie yet preparing to watch one. It was Lebowski, quite neutral movie where background topic doesn't bother me at any level. I found it to be a normal movie (I think I rated it 6). I don't see how I can say "it's an amazing movie, but it's not for me". If it was amazing for me I'd nail it as a 10 right away.

There are plenty of movies that are rated highly but I didn't like them personally. Like Django, Requiem for a Dream or Amélie Poulain. However, I'm sure there are tons of people who'd list those movies as their fav movies of all time and for them that's quite often objectively. Again, I just don't see how can I say "it's great movies, but not my thing".

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003
Has anyone ever ever seen

I melt with you

Has 16% in RT. I loved it and never understood why it got panned so bad.
Cast includes Jermey Liven, Rob Lowe and Thomas Jane.

Amazing sound track aswell.

OP
Elvin

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
  • Thread Starter #27,616
    Mystic River

Thought it was supposed to be some kinda cult classic, but it was lame as fuck. Maybe just didn't age well?

Juventus: First Team

Rewatched. First 3 episodes are good, the last 3 episodes are freakin epic.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 119)