Movie Talk (New Films, Old Films... doesn't matter) (75 Viewers)

lgorTudor

Jan 15, 2015
Stumbled over this movie project DAU a few days ago. Completely unique and disturbing shit...controversal in Europe...banned in Russia...some sort of real life Truman Show where layman actors are IRL locked into some gigantic sets built to resemble stalin era for years, and have to stay in character without script. 700 hours footage in total, filmed over three years with over 200 thousand extras.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DAU_(project)

Last edited:

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Yeah agreed, whole lot of misses after early/mid 80s, its mainly stir crazy and silver streak I enjoyed as a kid, and which I can rewatch (I see no evil, hear no evil is ok too).

Him and Gene wilder were perfect comedic pair :D From silver streak:

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
"Does dad know" :lol:

see no evil and here no evil isnt them at their prime those other two movies, but it was still good lol. They really used them being blind and deaf to comedic max.

- - - Updated - - -

My favorite movie of his in the 2nd half of his career will always be Harlem Nights

With that ensemble, I dont see it as just a pryor movie. Due to who his co-star was. Eddie had so many giantic hits in the 80s, that Harlem nights gets kinda forgotten under all of it. But its was pretty dope gangster movie (pryor played an excellent sage voice to his craziness in the movie) that didnt take itself too seriously. Him getting beat the fuck up by that old lady :lol: And another legend in Red foxx just counting the money in this scene too. And Charlie Murphy just in the sidelines laughing his ass off like a hyena.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 65)