Movie Talk (New Films, Old Films... doesn't matter) (5 Viewers)

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003
The main reason I can't see it working is because anyone playing the lead is going to come off as being really cliche and cheesy. Unless it's someone of DiCaprio or Christian Bales calibre... Pacino's performance will be hard to follow.

- - - Updated - - -

Mystic River

Thought it was supposed to be some kinda cult classic, but it was lame as fuck. Maybe just didn't age well?

Juventus: First Team

Rewatched. First 3 episodes are good, the last 3 episodes are freakin epic.
I loved Mystic river but haven't seen it in about 10 years so maybe.

Mar 30, 2003
Only watched half of Capone and fell asleep not sure if I'll bother watching the rest.

Possibly Tom Hardys worst performance who I'm a massive fan of.

He hasnt chose his movies wisely over the last few years.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
This is probably only time I heard about anything remotely close to negative critique for Tom Hardy in movie choice or role. He has been pretty flawless most of the time. Even the Mad Max movie that was semi panned had him with strong stoic performance.

But seen trailer for Capone, it looks kinda ridiculous in cartoony type of way.

Mar 30, 2003
If you like Tom Hardy check out Dunkirk and The Revenant
I've seen everything he has ever been in.

His best performance is in Locke, Bronson and a TV series called The Take.

- - - Updated - - -

This is probably only time I heard about anything remotely close to negative critique for Tom Hardy in movie choice or role. He has been pretty flawless most of the time. Even the Mad Max movie that was semi panned had him with strong stoic performance.

But seen trailer for Capone, it looks kinda ridiculous in cartoony type of way.
He is in my top 5 favourite actors but this is a poor performance. I'll go back and have another watch but haven't been impressed so far.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)