Movie Talk (New Films, Old Films... doesn't matter) (138 Viewers)

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Mandy - This has got to be one of the worst movies that I have ever seen. It offered nothing. It was absolute piece of shit throughout the whole movie. It tried to be Lynch and it failed. It tried to be Malick and it failed. It tried to be boring piece of shit and it succeeded. Action movie? Please. Go watch John Wick if you want a good action. Oscar for Cage? Please. It doesn't deserve a nomination, let alone a win. Majority of actors could pull that off because it was an empty shell of a role. First go cry and yell, then grab a weapon, look lost and kill people. Woopdy fucking doo. Huge waste of time and hopefully I forget that I even watched it.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
Mandy - This has got to be one of the worst movies that I have ever seen. It offered nothing. It was absolute piece of shit throughout the whole movie. It tried to be Lynch and it failed. It tried to be Malick and it failed. It tried to be boring piece of shit and it succeeded. Action movie? Please. Go watch John Wick if you want a good action. Oscar for Cage? Please. It doesn't deserve a nomination, let alone a win. Majority of actors could pull that off because it was an empty shell of a role. First go cry and yell, then grab a weapon, look lost and kill people. Woopdy fucking doo. Huge waste of time and hopefully I forget that I even watched it.
:lol: I knew you would hate it.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
And here I was, attempting to be diplomatic and say it was a fun movie for what it is. :lol2:You're right though. It's overrated as heck. Cage for an oscar nominee would be hilarious.

I still think it will become a cult classic. It's that sort of movie.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
:D I don't want to comment as it'd be a 4 page post.

Btw, Joaquin Phoenix is the next Joker. I can't wait to see that and I think it's a good pick. It will be a tough task for anyone to compete with Ledger, though, what a monster performance that was.

Völler

Always spot on
May 6, 2012
Citizen Kane - I totally loved this movie. It felt like it every second of it was in the right place. Kane was a great character and it felt like there's always something new about him, yet you don't get to know him fully. Camera shots and picture were incredible and one of the best ever, I still can't believe they made something like that in the earily 40s. Also, one of the most powerful scenes with him walking next to the miror, man, that was awesome. It kept getting better and better while ending was simply brilliant. Welles did so great, and it's so shocking how they gave him absolute freedome and he made this. Just wow.
Oh, Dule. :D

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
And here I was, attempting to be diplomatic and say it was a fun movie for what it is. :lol2:You're right though. It's overrated as heck. Cage for an oscar nominee would be hilarious.

I still think it will become a cult classic. It's that sort of movie.
This. Gotta take it for what it is. Grab yourself some popcorn and have fun. Not every movie you watch has to be life changing to be good ffs.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 131)