Movie Talk (New Films, Old Films... doesn't matter) (25 Viewers)

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Nah he is too much of a cunt. You have to have some mix of cuntiness and pure truth bombing funny like CK. Seen Gervais host awards and he just comes off as a conceited bully who is gleefully there to roast without being all that funny, more going for shock value with some funny bits.

Klovn

#MakeTuzGreatAgain
Jul 28, 2011
Nah he is too much of a cunt. You have to have some mix of cuntiness and pure truth bombing funny like CK. Seen Gervais host awards and he just comes off as a conceited bully who is gleefully there to roast without being all that funny, more going for shock value with some funny bits.
icemaη;5210365 said:
Gervais is an overrated cunt.
I know, but it'll be fun to see him insulting them.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
For that purpose he would excell as he has done in Globe, first time atleast, other times he hosted just annoying.

But also would help if he wasn't as conceited as those he is insulting. And little bit funny atleast. Lacking I'm both. Louis CK is alot better at similar style.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Room :cry: what an absolutely incredible movie, genuine and human as they get, captivating and haunting from first scene til last in such an innocent messed up way. Defenitely better then Spotlight for me.

Its insane to consider the kid and Brie Larson were acting, their chemistry was so friggin real you got lost in their connection.

@Völler thanks for being the reason I watched it (my mother pretty much cried at the end). Son of Saul has to be beyond brilliant to be better then this.

da_ledgeaun

The Juve Freak
Jun 2, 2007
Wow, what a crappy Oscar show. I love Leo, and he should have won the Oscars before, 3 other movies that come to mind, was Black Diamond, Shutter Island and Gangs of New York, way better in these 3 for me compared to his performance in Revenant, I just felt that the movie overall was just so so, and Tom Hardy was even better and he wasn't even that good in it to win Supporting male. Then again, the other remaining nominees in male lead weren't that great this year. Happy to see Mad Max win so many, George Miller probably should have gotten the nod for best directing, but then Inarritu won it for that shitfest Birdman, so I don't really know how the Academy even selects this.

Highlights and the awards that got me happy were Brie Larson, Morricone and of course my man Louis CK's monologue. Sad that the documentary based on the Genocide in Indonesia, Look of Silence didn't win. Overall, the whole oscarsowhite thing was just too much, the Chris rock going to Compton was pretty funny in the sense that these black Americans really need to see more real movies, I bet they don't even know of non American black actors/actresses.

All in all, much better movies this year compared to last year, I just hope neither NPH or Chris Rock hosts.

I would love to see CK, but I wouldn't mind seeing Conan O'brien or Tina Fey. Leave Gervais for the Globes.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Holy shit. The title of this film makes me somewhat embarrassed to have enjoyed it so much, but Diary of a Teenage Girl was amazing. Right up near the top of 2015 films for me. The fact it's a first feature for Marielle Heller is really impressive.

And Bel Powley in the lead role! :delpiero: :delpiero: :delpiero:

Best acting performance of 2015 imo.

Völler

Always spot on
May 6, 2012
Room :cry: what an absolutely incredible movie, genuine and human as they get, captivating and haunting from first scene til last in such an innocent messed up way. Defenitely better then Spotlight for me.

Its insane to consider the kid and Brie Larson were acting, their chemistry was so friggin real you got lost in their connection.

@Völler thanks for being the reason I watched it (my mother pretty much cried at the end). Son of Saul has to be beyond brilliant to be better then this.
I'm pretty sure both Post Ironic and Klin mentioned it too, but thanks. :D Glad you liked it.

Son of Saul is a different beast entirely. The look of the film is really unique, unlike anything I've seen before. It doesn't, however, do anything to make you emotionally attached to the main character. It's much more of an art film. But they are impossible to compare.

Marty

tuz
Administrator
Jul 2, 2005
Gonna download this list one at a time (seen 12 of em I think).

But then I see McBeth listed, and I'm not so sure anymore...
I had to turn off Macbeth for whatever reason the other night. I haven't continued watching though and probably wont, it was really tough to get through.

lgorTudor

Jan 15, 2015
Watched Interstellar

Nice story, decent acting, fantastic sights and tense music

but too many Nolanisms and no man should have Anne Hathaway explain Einstein to him

btw Michael Bay has called and wants his US Flags back :lol:

7,5/10

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
I'm pretty sure both Post Ironic and Klin mentioned it too, but thanks. :D Glad you liked it.

Son of Saul is a different beast entirely. The look of the film is really unique, unlike anything I've seen before. It doesn't, however, do anything to make you emotionally attached to the main character. It's much more of an art film. But they are impossible to compare.
Do you think I'll like it?

And btw, Brie Larson is a bitch for not taking the kid up with her to collect the Oscar. :(

da_ledgeaun

The Juve Freak
Jun 2, 2007
Do you think I'll like it?

And btw, Brie Larson is a bitch for not taking the kid up with her to collect the Oscar. :(
LOL, i wouldn't go as far as a bitch, as I love her so much, she has that look that makes you calm, you know, but would want to bang every hour.. But i thought the same too, she should have taken Jack up there with her.

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
LOL, i wouldn't go as far as a bitch, as I love her so much, she has that look that makes you calm, you know, but would want to bang every hour.. But i thought the same too, she should have taken Jack up there with her.
I feel the same way about Alicia Vikander. What a beauty.

She would have taken Jacob with her!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 25)