Movie Talk (New Films, Old Films... doesn't matter) (17 Viewers)

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
My favorite films of 2015:

1.Son of Saul
2.Room
3.The Look of Silence
4.Ex Machina
5.The Revenant
6.Theeb
7.Timbuktu
8.Mad Max: Fury Road
9.Kajaki
10.Steve Jobs
11.Bridgend
12.When Marnie Was There
13.Inside Out
14.The Postman’s White Nights
15.Sicario
16.Bone Tomahawk
17.The Wolfpackinb4 someone rants because of one of the picks
18.Amy
19.Brooklyn
20.Mommy
21.Carol
22.Spotlight
23.45 Years
24.The Hateful Eight
25.The Gift
26.Me and Earl and the Dying Girl
27.Marshland
28.Slow West
29.Cartel Land
30.Knight of Cups
31.Anomalisa
32.Beasts of No Nation
33.Labyrinth of Lies
34.Land of Mine
35.Brødre
36.Victoria
37.Mustang
38.Macbeth
39.A War
40.Mr. Holmes

Biggest disappointment: Dheepan
How it won the Palme d'Or over Son of Saul, Carol, Sicario, Macbeth or even Youth, Mia madre, The Assassin, The Lobster or Tale of Tales I do not know!
Gonna download this list one at a time (seen 12 of em I think).

But then I see McBeth listed, and I'm not so sure anymore...

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
Jul 13, 2013
Seriously though, it's soooo good. The absurdist humor is wonderful, but it's so much more than just funny. The way it shows how we're losing something human in this technology-dominated world is nothing short of brilliant.
I do think some of the ideas would have deserved to be expanded a bit more, but it was amazing how they just kept coming up with one great concept after the other, sometimes just using them as throw-away lines, when each of them could be the topic of an entire feature film :D

- - - Updated - - -

what is a rock and what is a mountain. where do you draw the line?
i guess the Zugspitze is only a rock. ;)
:agree:

One of the bigger ones though

- - - Updated - - -

At 38 :p

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
I haven't seen Revennent yet but since Di Caprio has a beard in it then he totally deserves the Oscar. The fact that it irritates many is even better.

Völler

Always spot on
May 6, 2012
Kind of disappointed that The Revenant lost. Oh, well, Spotlight is good too.

Highlight of the show:
@Dostoevsky

I knew someone would pick one film and complain... :p

Appreciate it though. :D

I do think some of the ideas would have deserved to be expanded a bit more, but it was amazing how they just kept coming up with one great concept after the other, sometimes just using them as throw-away lines, when each of them could be the topic of an entire feature film :D
I dunno. I loved how it threw one curveball after the other. :D

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
I knew someone would pick one film and complain... :p

Appreciate it though. :D

I downloaded 6 out of your top 10 now (only thing remaining finding time to view them all), 3 of them I already seen, you can easily guess which 3, and Son Saul cant be downloaded anywhere it seems. Tho its out on cinema, not sure I'm gonna bother.

Looking some of them up, I'm looking forward to seeing Theeb in particular, looks amazing.

Völler

Always spot on
May 6, 2012
I downloaded 6 out of your top 10 now (only thing remaining finding time to view them all), 3 of them I already seen, you can easily guess which 3, and Son Saul cant be downloaded anywhere it seems. Tho its out on cinema, not sure I'm gonna bother.

Looking some of them up, I'm looking forward to seeing Theeb in particular, looks amazing.
I'm not sure, actually. I'd assume The Revenant, Mad Max: Fury Road and Ex Machina, but the third one could be Steve Jobs as well. :D

Theeb is great. Just don't expect it to be as intense as the trailer makes it to be. It's really a small coming of age movie set in huge, open desert landscapes.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
I like the scenery and of vibe of it all, not so much intensity, trailers allways try to make things deceivingly thrilling.

Yeah you guessed it right on the 3, Steve Jobs I wasnt a hurry to see despite liking Fassbender, because its about Steve Jobs...

Völler

Always spot on
May 6, 2012
I like the scenery and of vibe of it all, not so much intensity, trailers allways try to make things deceivingly thrilling.

Yeah you guessed it right on the 3, Steve Jobs I wasnt a hurry to see despite liking Fassbender, because its about Steve Jobs...
Let me know what you think. :tup:

- - - Updated - - -

Don't trust the tomatoes. They fuck up these things all ze time. I watched it played at Vancouver International Film Festival in October 2014... :p
I guess they count the US release date. And it's understandable. A like Timbuktu is technically from 2014, but unless you saw it at a festival, there's no way you saw it before 2015. I don't know what my point is, but release dates are stupid. :p

- - - Updated - - -

:lol:

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Let me know what you think. :tup:

- - - Updated - - -

I guess they count the US release date. And it's understandable. A like Timbuktu is technically from 2014, but unless you saw it at a festival, there's no way you saw it before 2015. I don't know what my point is, but release dates are stupid. :p

- - - Updated - - -

:lol:
True on all counts. The funny bit is that it was actually nominated for an Oscar last February (with the 2014 films like Timbuktu :D ), and lost out to the Polish film Ida (which actually premiered at TIFF in September 2013)... :lol:

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
I still think Eddie Redmayne should have won instead of Leo and The Danish Girl should at least have been nominated for Best Picture instead of that piece of shit Brooklyn.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
Been looking for a way to watch Louis Theroux's Scientology documentary and that new horror movie The Witch. I know they've been shown at film festivals but it doesn't seem like there is any way to watch them legally yet...

is there any chance one of you here has a torrent or stream link for either?

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Leos speech was amazing. Emotional to see a true maestro like Ennio Morricone finally get it.

Chris Rock was full of cringe all show long.

Mad Max sure got lots of love early on, visual and technical feast for sure.

That Jack Black joke, Louis CK and Ali G

Spotlight is good but defenitely not best picture worthy for me. Revenant easily over it.

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003
I still think Eddie Redmayne should have won instead of Leo and The Danish Girl should at least have been nominated for Best Picture instead of that piece of shit Brooklyn.
Eddie doesnt even act he just plays himself.

Highlights were Ali G, Leos speech and Louis Ck.

Gutted for Sly and would of liked to see jennifer jason leigh win for the hateful 8.

Mad Max wasnt the best film in the world but it deserved everything it won as visually it was stunning. Maybe Sicario deserved the Oscar for sound.

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
Leos speech was amazing. Emotional to see a true maestro like Ennio Morricone finally get it.

Chris Rock was full of cringe all show long.

Mad Max sure got lots of love early on, visual and technical feast for sure.

That Jack Black joke, Louis CK and Ali G

Spotlight is good but defenitely not best picture worthy for me. Revenant easily over it.
The whole fuss about the so called white Oscars was beyond ridiculous. Is Alejandro Gonzalez white? Or non-white is only black? I never liked Chris Rock anyway, and thought he was horrible last night, almost as bad as Neil Patrick Harris was last year.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 14)