Movie Talk (New Films, Old Films... doesn't matter) (26 Viewers)

Apr 15, 2006
The Grand Budapest Hotel: Loved it! I had only seen The Darjeeling Limited before this, and I thought while this movie has the same "Wes" style of depiction and storytelling, this was a much more engaging story. Loved it till the end.

Also, Saoirse Ronan :sheik:

Ramin

vBookie Champion
Nov 18, 2003
Eddie Redmayne was brilliant. I remember seeing him in a film back in 08 with William Hurt called The Yellow Handkerchief and thinking he was someone to watch for in the future. Awesome to see him put in this amazing performance.
I first noticed him in The Pillars of the Earth, a mini TV series. Good show. Looking forward to The Theory of Everything.

Regarding Lynch, he's got to be the most overrated director. The only movie worth watching by him is Mulholland Drive.

I don't get why anyone would praise Lost Highway. This movie is so sh!t I'd rather cry for two hours than watch this garbage. Who can take Bill Pullman and his stupid mug face seriously?

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Big Fish :heart:

Klin, that's a hard question. So I'm not trolling... I can't really help much. I never had ideas what girls like when it comes to movies :D I can't find anything for my mom. She has like the worst taste ever when it comes to movies.

So, if you wanna check some older stuff I'd recommend Casablanca, Chinatown and 12 Angry Men. :boh:

Oh right, you should watch The Count of Monte Cristo, she will probably love it. :tup:

adRHCP

Nov 7, 2012

Yesterday I saw this movie called Frank, I really liked it. I found it very funny, I'm not sure if it's purposely funny, but it seemed to me.

Don't think I should put a spoiler after this but I will

The movie goes into full weirdness, but it doesn't fall into the try-hard-weirdness I thought it would. It's consistently entertaining almost the entire time. And the end kind of leaves you with a thought. I felt really pleased and happy after I saw it.

It feels genuine, I won't call it innovative cause I don't know a lot about movies. But at least it has a different approach.

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007

Yesterday I saw this movie called Frank, I really liked it. I found it very funny, I'm not sure if it's purposely funny, but it seemed to me.

Don't think I should put a spoiler after this but I will

The movie goes into full weirdness, but it doesn't fall into the try-hard-weirdness I thought it would. It's consistently entertaining almost the entire time. And the end kind of leaves you with a thought. I felt really pleased and happy after I saw it.

It feels genuine, I won't call it innovative cause I don't know a lot about movies. But at least it has a different approach.
Frank is fucking great!

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Badlands - Meh, not a fan. Malick's worst movie from those that I've seen. I loved Kit as a char and had it not been for him it'd be a pretty damn bad movie imo. That girl was totally :tdown: though. Story was pretty weak and pointless (now, it could all change since I read somewhere the story was based on a real evens and some killing spree that was in late 50s) while voice-over was very bad compared to his other films. When it comes to cinematography it was way weaker compared to all Days of Heaven, The Thin Red Line, Tree of Life and The New World. I don't regret watching it as it was kinda unique in it's own way but nothing special. 7/10 from me.

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
Thanks for the recommendations guys. :heart:

Foxcatcher is out with decent quality, so gonna go for it.

Oh and @Dule90, I already watched Hachi and I cried much more than her. :cry:

Ramin

vBookie Champion
Nov 18, 2003
Baba-dok-dok-dong wasn't scary at all. The kid was such an annoying piece of sh!t. Overall its a waste of time really, unless you have no life and bored, then give it a go.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 23)