Movie Talk (New Films, Old Films... doesn't matter) (73 Viewers)

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
Birdman - Where to start. I can't say to much about this film without running into area of spoilers. I liked it. But this not a movie everyone will enjoy. In fact I think most people will hate it. I thought Michael Keaton and Edward Norton were great. It runs like a play within a play with jazzy stage music pacing the film throughout. Most reminiscent of Dogville, but still not quite. Not quite satire, but it takes swipes at hollywood, super hero movies, and oddly enough the theater community. All while quickly building to a dramatic ending.

@Tommy, you just gotta see man.

Dec 31, 2008
Birdman - Where to start. I can't say to much about this film without running into area of spoilers. I liked it. But this not a movie everyone will enjoy. In fact I think most people will hate it. I thought Michael Keaton and Edward Norton were great. It runs like a play within a play with jazzy stage music pacing the film throughout. Most reminiscent of Dogville, but still not quite. Not quite satire, but it takes swipes at hollywood, super hero movies, and oddly enough the theater community. All while quickly building to a dramatic ending.

@Tommy, you just gotta see man.
I don't know why the fuck it's still not released here. I've been waiting for quite some time. Gonna download probably.

Joe

Dec 20, 2009
I haven't been really excited for a movie in a long, long time. Just saw the teasers for Pan, Jurassic World, and Star Wars. I don't know if its because its bringing back so many nostalgic memories or what, but I can't wait for these. 2015 is going to be a good year in terms of entertainment.

CrimsonianKing

U can't expect an Inexperienced team like Juventus
Jan 16, 2013
had no idea until the ending where they show that old footage of a band
Legião Urbana "Urban Legion"was one of the biggest and influential bands in Brazil in the 80's and early 90's. If you watched the movie you know a bit about it's story and how he - Renato Russo - died.

You asked me something about the Brazilian culture, i give you this band and it's lyrics. He wasn't your average composer but a poet.

- - - Updated - - -

I could translate one or two songs if you want.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
Legião Urbana "Urban Legion"was one of the biggest and influential bands in Brazil in the 80's and early 90's. If you watched the movie you know a bit about it's story and how he - Renato Russo - died.

You asked me something about the Brazilian culture, i give you this band and it's lyrics. He wasn't your average composer but a poet.

- - - Updated - - -

I could translate one or two songs if you want.
There was nothing in the movie about his death (or did I miss something?)

Was Russo a nickname he chose?

What are the best songs in your opinion?

CrimsonianKing

U can't expect an Inexperienced team like Juventus
Jan 16, 2013
There was nothing in the movie about his death (or did I miss something?)

Was Russo a nickname he chose?

What are the best songs in your opinion?
Well, it was probably just about his time alive i guess. He died in 96' of aids, he was a homosexual.

I think so, IIRC he's got an Italian last name.

Well, hard to pick best songs, but some i like include Faroeste Caboclo, Teatro Dos Vampiros, Fábrica, Metal Contra As Nuvens and so many more. They would be our equivalent to The Smiths and Joy Division, so if you're not really into that kind of music, you won't enjoy it i think.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 72)