Movie Talk (New Films, Old Films... doesn't matter) (71 Viewers)

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Just came back from watching Intersteller, wow, what a disappointment! I guess am the only one who didn't like it here.

Plot holes aside, I thought the visuals were crap, like so bad, it got nothing on Gravity which was a much better movie.
:tup:

I didn't think it was terrible, but it certainly wasn't what many have cracked it up to be. I need only mention Matthew Mcconaughey and Anne Hathaway in lead roles, and that drops the movie points on my scale. Aside from this, Nolan certainly isn't Tarkovsky when it comes to visuals. I wouldn't call them "crap", but not on the scale of a masterpiece.

All one has to do is look at its score on MC and RT, 74% and 73% favourable reviews from critics, compared to the 9/10 junk on IMDB. It's certainly no higher than a 7.5, and likely more in the range of 6-7, considering the superior films that are rated in the 7s there.

Buy on AliExpress.com

radekas

( ͠° ͟ل͜ ͡°)
Aug 26, 2009
I liked it in 3D, but the script wasn't much.
Yeah it was basically one big eye candy.

- - - Updated - - -

:tup:

I didn't think it was terrible, but it certainly wasn't what many have cracked it up to be. I need only mention Matthew Mcconaughey and Anne Hathaway in lead roles, and that drops the movie points on my scale. Aside from this, Nolan certainly isn't Tarkovsky when it comes to visuals. I wouldn't call them "crap", but not on the scale of a masterpiece.

All one has to do is look at its score on MC and RT, 74% and 73% favourable reviews from critics, compared to the 9/10 junk on IMDB. It's certainly no higher than a 7.5, and likely more in the range of 6-7, considering the superior films that are rated in the 7s there.
RT critics score is a terrible way to measure movies quality.

Albo

Apr 13, 2009
Just saw Lucy , total bullshit .
I just saw it too,the end of the movie was the part i didn't like !

I want to see Interstellar, to bad cinema here couldn't get licence to show it,so i have to go to Macedonia or Albania,but instead I'll wait for the torrent !

Gerd

Dec 25, 2011
I just saw it too,the end of the movie was the part i didn't like !

I want to see Interstellar, to bad cinema here couldn't get licence to show it,so i have to go to Macedonia or Albania,but instead I'll wait for the torrent !
When she started controlling matter and making people float things went south pretty fast , the most unbelivable bullshit i have seen in a long time .

I am pretty sure you can find it in Tirana , friends of mine saw it there , althrough you must really want to watch it to pay for the trip :lol: . Waiting for a dvdrip torrent is the wisest decision :D

Gerd

Dec 25, 2011
Peter Pan has been done a lot of times , but this got me interested . Can't understand why hook has become an indiana jones look alike and if he is good or bad .

Gerd

Dec 25, 2011
Just watched Predestination , i am a sucker for time travel and sci-fi so was expecting it for some time and i have to say the movie is much different than the feeling you get from the trailer . If you are looking for action this is not for you , almost zero action in the movie . It is a mindfuck story which takes cliches of time travel and sends them in a whole other level :lol: . I am pretty sure that if you want to , you can debunk the concept , but if you accept it as it is , the movie is good .

And you may find the first half a little bit boring , but you should stick with it , after the plot isn't hard at all to figure out .

To explain the mindfuck

Pratically the guy/girl is born with both sex organs . He is both his father and mother and gives birth to himself . Also he arranges for his mother and father to meet , which pratically means that he arranges for himself to meet himself so they could give birth to himself :lol: . Also he is the hero of the story and the Villain too , making him the nemesis of himself and in the end of the movie he kills his self of the future , so pratically he arranges his birth , gives birth to himself and kills himself . Hope you understood that :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 64)