Movie Talk (New Films, Old Films... doesn't matter) (30 Viewers)

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Chinatown - Quality. That sort of a movie which lacks nowadays.

No Country for Old Men - Pure shit.

Dark City - Pretty good and unique in it's own way, I liked it.

Notorious - :tup:

Vertigo - Amazing, although the ending kinda killed it for me, would've been perfect otherwise.

Rurouni Kenshin - I never read manga (you can totally see the essence of it tho) nor watched anime but I liked how they did it, pretty good.

Frozen - Bar some scenes it's really meh.

Man of Steel - Good... but if you only consider special effects, otherwise not a fan.

Porco Rosso - Wonderful, Miyazaki did it again.

The Grand Budapest Hotel - Pretty great, possible the best movie that came out this year (but it doesn't have tough competition eh)

Völler

Always spot on
May 6, 2012
The Grand Budapest Hotel - Pretty great, possible the best movie that came out this year (but it doesn't have tough competition eh)
You have to keep in mind that the Oscar contenders aren't coming out until October-December. :)

My top 5 so far:

1) Boyhood
2) Nymphomaniac DC
3) The Raid 2
4) The Grand Budapest Hotel
5) Edge of Tomorrow

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Why did you watch Frozen? :lol:
:D I wanted to rewatch Beauty and the Beast, Lion King and Aladdin. I was in the animated mode since I watched Miyazaki's work so I decided to give it a go. Sadly it was a mistake

You have to keep in mind that the Oscar contenders aren't coming out until October-December. :)

My top 5 so far:

1) Boyhood
2) Nymphomaniac DC
3) The Raid 2
4) The Grand Budapest Hotel
5) Edge of Tomorrow
I watched those three. I watched Raid 1 but then totally forgot about the second part.

Boyhood was really good.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 28)