Movie Talk (New Films, Old Films... doesn't matter) (104 Viewers)

Völler

Always spot on
May 6, 2012
Besides Gone Girl and Interstellar, I'm looking forward to Birdman, The Imitation Game, Unbroken, Foxcatcher, Exodus: Gods and Kings and American Sniper!

The trailer for American Sniper looks really, really fucking good:
Wasn't @X an extra in this one or something btw?

Buy on AliExpress.com

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Besides Gone Girl and Interstellar, I'm looking forward to Birdman, The Imitation Game, Unbroken, Foxcatcher, Exodus: Gods and Kings and American Sniper!

The trailer for American Sniper looks really, really fucking good:
Wasn't @X an extra in this one or something btw?

Now I'm looking forward to all the movies you look forward to :tup: Knew about imitation game and exodus (due to the cast, Bale and Cumberbatch are favs of mine), but the others look real good too, American sniper looks fantastic. But especially Birdman and Unbroken look quite larger then life kind of dramatic movies, the latter in particular though it seems like a typical survivalist WW2 movie, just watching a trailer I was captivated by the lead guys acting (tried to remember where I seen the young dude, and its 300: rise of empire).

Völler

Always spot on
May 6, 2012
Now I'm looking forward to all the movies you look forward to :tup: Knew about imitation game and exodus (due to the cast, Bale and Cumberbatch are favs of mine), but the others look real good too, American sniper looks fantastic. But especially Birdman and Unbroken look quite larger then life kind of dramatic movies, the latter in particular though it seems like a typical survivalist WW2 movie, just watching a trailer I was captivated by the lead guys acting (tried to remember where I seen the young dude, and its 300: rise of empire).
Unbroken could definitely go both ways. It could easily end up being a sentimental Hollywood "give me Oscars" film, but the Coen brothers wrote the script and Roger Deakins is behind the camera so it can't be all bad. Curious to see how Angelina Jolie's doing as director (haven't seen In The Land of Blood and Honey).

The Theory of Everything and Fury also sounds pretty interesting.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Yeah it can go the way of typical sappy hollywood against all odds WW2 movie, but just judging on trailer alone, it looks extremely on point drama. It helps to know Coen Brothers wrote it though. Jolie as director makes be bit sceptic though, even if I maybe shouldnt be.

Btw, I see now you mentionned Gone Girl, havent gone seen it in cinema because some friends tell me its really bland/boring, but they are chicks, what do they know about real cinema :p

OP
Elvin

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
  • Thread Starter #18,030
    always pick a movie based on the director and you will be rarely disappointed. Gone Girl is really good.

Gerd

Dec 25, 2011
    Impatiently waiting for this :tuttosport:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 99)