Movie Talk (New Films, Old Films... doesn't matter) (20 Viewers)

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
icemaη;4649475 said:
Pick one of these if you haven't seen them already (some might not qualify as thrillers):
Seven
Heat
21 Grams
Taxi Driver
The Prestige
No Country for Old Men
The Usual Suspects
Munich
Zodiac
L.A. Confidential
Its not that easy (atleast with thriller, but more ambigous genre to qualify movies to), most should be obvious, but of top of my head would say (sci fi) Blade runner, Close encounters of the third kind, Brazil, Alien, Planet of the apes, Akira, Ghost in the shell, Cowboy bebop (last three are anime, but recommended still) Serenity, War Games, Terminator 2, Cubic (or Equilibirium) Twelve monkeys, Wall-E, A clockwork orange, Donnie Darko, Dark City, Inception, Back to the future, Children of men, The man from earth (should count as a sci fi me thinks?).

I could go on, prolly forgot alot, like E.T and most of the older sci fi flicks. And oh, anything based on Phillip K. Dicks work :D
The bold ones I watched. And about some I'm not sure... maybe when I was a kid but I don't remember anything.

So there are plenty ahead of me :D

- - - Updated - - -

Dule loves that one.
:lol2: I was about to quote her...

damn, what a movie. I almost threw up while my head was exploding.

- - - Updated - - -

Osman, which War Games are you referring to? Can't find anything on imdb :boh: (actually there is some garbage one, I doubt it's what you meant)

Buy on AliExpress.com

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Damn that looks stellar :tup: Talk about high-octane trailer, Hardy should be great in such a badass role.

I want to see this flick (Luc Besson over the top projects I tend to allways watch), despite the trailer as usual revealing way too much:

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
It's excellent! I could spend hours reading the theories about it.

Os, I want to see Lucy as well. We might go this weekend.
Its premiers 22th of August here, so tell me what you think before then, my friends called me weirdo when I said after we saw the trailer in cinema "dammit, I'll miss the priemere, I'm away on vacation then", said its weird way to prioritize :D But digged the trailer: Badass heroine in high industry crime lords over the top plot, Morgan Freeman, Min-sik choi (from oldboy, great actor) and most importantly the style of Luc Besson, had me hooked.

Kate

Feb 7, 2011
Its premiers 22th of August here, so tell me what you think before then, my friends called me weirdo when I said after we saw the trailer in cinema "dammit, I'll miss the priemere, I'm away on vacation then", said its weird way to prioritize :D But digged the trailer: Badass heroine in high industry crime lords over the top plot, Morgan Freeman, Min-sik choi (from oldboy, great actor) and most importantly the style of Luc Besson, had me hooked.
I will do! I'm a Besson fan as well.

Has anyone seen Snowpiercer? I'd really like to.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Like I though, I didn't see that one. Thanks a lot. For the first post too :tup:

I agree with Kate though, amazing film. Try No Country For Old Men. You should like it - at least the villain.
I will watch it all sooner or later.

I watched Brief Encounter a couple of days ago.

I'll watch V tonight. I'll see what will happen next but my brother is in the mood to watch tv series and I've been watching those ever since this year starter while I watched like 5-10 movies at most.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
I will do! I'm a Besson fan as well.

Has anyone seen Snowpiercer? I'd really like to.
I seen it, its another sci fi movie I would recommend to @Dule90. Its quite minimalistic sci fi tale, a bleak philosphical one more then anything, defenitely recommend it even if it can be bit inconsistent in parts, generally great experience. And oh, its another western sci fi flick that has one of Korea's best actors in it (Kang ho-song), he's rather funny in it. But best part must be Tilda Swintons performance hehe.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 18)