Movie Talk (New Films, Old Films... doesn't matter) (44 Viewers)

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
I started watching Nymphomaniac and I got a very artsy fartsy vibe from it. So boring to get through so obviously I didn't finish it.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Why are you allways so late at watching good flicks? :D

Yeah its an interesting flick, not as good as the source material, but compelling anyhow.

I watched a flick called In secret

Starts out bit slow, nice little tale, but gets interesting end part of it, quite dark and morbid at times. Very interesting performance by veteran Jessica Lange.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
That's an easy question to answer. I'm an idiot.

Btw my brother is in the mood to watch either Sci Fi or some thriller. So if you happen to know some (great) feel free to share. I probably didn't watch it. :D

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Hugo Weaving is pure awesomeness in the movie.

I'm not sure if I should recommend obvious movies or not Douchen, not because of you, but because of your brother in case he has seen most flicks normal people should have seen :p

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
It's a great film.
:heart: not as great as you.

Hugo Weaving is pure awesomeness in the movie.

I'm not sure if I should recommend obvious movies or not Douchen, not because of you, but because of your brother in case he has seen most flicks normal people should have seen :p
Believe it or not I watched more movies than he did. :D All the 'good' ones we watched together while I watched those he doesn't care about or when he's lazy and wants to skip.

icemaη

Rab's Husband - The Regista
Aug 27, 2008
But be specific! :cry:

Just name your 10 fav thriller/scifi movies.
Pick one of these if you haven't seen them already (some might not qualify as thrillers):
Seven
Heat
21 Grams
Taxi Driver
The Prestige
No Country for Old Men
The Usual Suspects
Munich
Zodiac
L.A. Confidential

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
But be specific! :cry:

Just name your 10 fav thriller/scifi movies.
Its not that easy (atleast with thriller, but more ambigous genre to qualify movies to), most should be obvious, but of top of my head would say (sci fi) Blade runner, Close encounters of the third kind, Brazil, Alien, Planet of the apes, Akira, Ghost in the shell, Cowboy bebop (last three are anime, but recommended still) Serenity, War Games, Terminator 2, Cubic (or Equilibirium) Twelve monkeys, Wall-E, A clockwork orange, Donnie Darko, Dark City, Inception, Back to the future, Children of men, The man from earth (should count as a sci fi me thinks?).

I could go on, prolly forgot alot, like E.T and most of the older sci fi flicks. And oh, anything based on Phillip K. Dicks work :D

Kate

Feb 7, 2011
icemaη;4649475 said:
Pick one of these if you haven't seen them already (some might not qualify as thrillers):
Seven
Heat
21 Grams
Taxi Driver
The Prestige
No Country for Old Men
The Usual Suspects
Munich
Zodiac
L.A. Confidential
I love Zodiac for some reason, I've seen it 10-20 times and it doesn't get old.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 39)