Movie Talk (New Films, Old Films... doesn't matter) (42 Viewers)

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
It's only 157 minutes. Don't be ridiculous.
157 minutes of my attention is way too much, especially for things I hate.

I highly doubt I'd like it. I rarely changed my opinion about a movie. But that's not you're wrong type of thing :stuckup: different opinion and I know many guys hate it too.

I'd rather watch something else, especially because I missed way too many movies so going back to watch an old one is just a waste of time.

Völler

Always spot on
May 6, 2012
157 minutes of my attention is way too much, especially for things I hate.

I highly doubt I'd like it. I rarely changed my opinion about a movie. But that's not you're wrong type of thing :stuckup: different opinion and I know many guys hate it too.

I'd rather watch something else, especially because I missed way too many movies so going back to watch an old one is just a waste of time.
Of course! It just seems that you've watched a lot of slower paced movies since then. And 'getting used' to slower paced movies might make you appreciate Zodiac. It's not a wrong/right thing, it's about your attention span. Of course, you might still hate it anyway. I just remember you thought it was too slow.

- - - Updated - - -

But yeah, watch something else. :p

radekas

( ͠° ͟ل͜ ͡°)
Aug 26, 2009
icemaη;4649491 said:
:sergio:

Every single fucking movie needs to be remade now. With more explosions, cgi and hot chicks of course. Mad Max was great because it was so raw. This will be shit.

edit: even though it's supposed to be continuation movie I count it as a remake.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
:sergio:

Every single fucking movie needs to be remade now. With more explosions, cgi and hot chicks of course. Mad Max was great because it was so raw. This will be shit.

edit: even though it's supposed to be continuation movie I count it as a remake.
Well, there's a number of references to the second movie, so it looks like a follow-on to that.

Yeah it's the 4th part but with so many changes including the most obvious one, I consider it a remake and a cash grab. The trailer was like Michael Bay on a desert.

- - - Updated - - -

oh man even the "actress" from Transformers 3 is there :shifty:
You are right, of course. But by not attempting a direct remake, and the fact that The Road Warrior was one of my favorite movies of the 80s, I have to give it just a little slack.

That's pretty rare for me. :D

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003
Apocolypto is amazing.

Loved the mad max movies and love Tom Hardy (best actor around atm imo) so im looking forward to this.
Ps. Zodiac was a really good movie. long but good.

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
Jul 11, 2011
The bold ones I watched. And about some I'm not sure... maybe when I was a kid but I don't remember anything.

So there are plenty ahead of me :D
You haven't seen Taxi Driver??? Also A Clockwork Orange, Back to the Future and Children of Men are quite good. Brazil is just pure weirdness.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Anyone else watch Kim Ki-duk's film from last year Moebius? It's not quite as brilliant as Pieta was, but it's pretty damn good. And so so very disturbing. The man makes brilliantly fucked up films. :heart:

acmilan

Plusvalenza Akbar
Nov 8, 2005
Yo some of the brutality were to intense to watch and also the chase scenes got my hurt pumping like crazy. lol
what do you think about the ending?
I personally liked it a lot - an ominous "happy" ending.

- - - Updated - - -
@Dule90 - regarding that Metropolis movie (assuming you haven't seen it yet) - should make sure you watch the "complete" version i.e. anything from 2010 or newer and 150min (give or take) long. The complete version is the closest you can get these days to the original and includes 30+ min of extra footage absent from pre-2010 versions.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
I personally liked it a lot - an ominous "happy" ending.

- - - Updated - - -
@Dule90 - regarding that Metropolis movie (assuming you haven't seen it yet) - should make sure you watch the "complete" version i.e. anything from 2010 or newer and 150min (give or take) long. The complete version is the closest you can get these days to the original and includes 30+ min of extra footage absent from pre-2010 versions.
Metropolis is simply terrific and way way ahead of its time.

The settings and effects for that film considering it was 1927 are amazing.

Alas, I don't think we will ever find a fully restored version of the film.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Metropolis is my 2nd favourite silent film. Fritz Lang was a genius.

First would be The Cabinet of Dr Caligari. :heart:
I have to admit that the only reason I got turned on to Metropolis was because of the "Radio GaGa" video, and for the longest time the only version I knew of the film was the Giorgio Moroder hack job back in the 80's.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 38)