Movie Talk (New Films, Old Films... doesn't matter) (33 Viewers)

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
affleck was picked mainly for the name recognition. But jesse imo has that psycho i got no empathy demeanor, and like you said he can pull off the smartass highly intelligent role.
I know Affleck is a bussiness decision, and dont think he will do a inadequate potrayal aslong as he is not compared too closely with Bale (nor the directors be with Nolan). I dont see the psycho potential in Jesse, and I seen pretty all the "teen" roles he has had. Hope he has a cracker of a performance though, get out of his mold a little.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
I know Affleck is a bussiness decision, and dont think he will do a inadequate potrayal aslong as he is not compared too closely with Bale (nor the directors be with Nolan). I dont see the psycho potential in Jesse, and I seen pretty all the "teen" roles he has had. Hope he has a cracker of a performance though, get out of his mold a little.

what did you think of hiddleston as loki?

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
what did you think of hiddleston as loki?
Witty, charismatic, unpredictable, genial, vicious, conniving, conflicted and supremely entertaining. Everything you could want in a comic villain really. Want to see a 3rd Thor movie just to see more of him, and his dynamic relationship with his brother. Hopefully will be enough of him in the new Avengers movie.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
Witty, charismatic, unpredictable, genial, vicious, conniving, conflicted and supremely entertaining. Everything you could want in a comic villain really. Want to see a 3rd Thor movie just to see more of him, and his dynamic relationship with his brother. Hopefully will be enough of him in the new Avengers movie.
but i mean did you think hed be a good loki before seeing him in action, i feel jesse will pack a surprise here ;)

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
but i mean did you think hed be a good loki before seeing him in action, i feel jesse will pack a surprise here ;)
No idea, cuz I didn't know of him before Loki role, unlike Jesse who I seen most of his career. And Lex Luthor isn't exactly the first DC character you would think for him, more likely a Jimmy Olsen Hehe.

radekas

( ͠° ͟ل͜ ͡°)
Aug 26, 2009
If Eisenberg pulls a convincing, comic book Lex Luthor, this will be a defining role for him similar to Heath Ledger's Joker. IF HE DOES IT RIGHT.

As for Affleck. Sigh, you can say whatever you want about Daredevil but Affleck was not the problem in that movie and his role was pretty similar to Batman in sense of a brooding, sad superhero. Also he's far too experienced actor to have problems with such a simple role (Batman isn't really that hard to play when you think about it). Most Batman actors did it well.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
anyone seen Rush?

pretty good, a bit over the top, especially that lung vacuum scene...
Saw it in theaters. Highly enjoyable. Race scenes were great.

- - - Updated - - -

Whaaaaat lol most batman actors did a horrible job, cloone is a more experienced actor and he was horrible
Armie Hammer.

- - - Updated - - -

If you watch The Social Network, you kind of get the glimpse of a calm, calculated villain. I think he'll be fine.

- - - Updated - - -

Fruitvale Station excellent small film.

radekas

( ͠° ͟ل͜ ͡°)
Aug 26, 2009
Whaaaaat lol most batman actors did a horrible job, cloone is a more experienced actor and he was horrible
It's really not rocket science to play a quirky playboy without the mask and a brooding, dark ass-kicker with the mask.

Also Clooney was hardly experienced as he was freshly taken from the TV. It was one of his first serious, big budget movies. And still he wasn't that terrible. The whole movie was an insult to Batman and he had to work with what Schumacher got him.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 29)