Movie Talk (New Films, Old Films... doesn't matter) (48 Viewers)

CrimsonianKing

U can't expect an Inexperienced team like Juventus
Jan 16, 2013
Yeah, fuck his wife and kids!
That's exactly what he did to them. Fucked them for life. Sorry, i've no respect fo ther weak minded dumbasses with everything in life who throw it away like that. I've had close friends and personal teen-years heroes (Layne Staley, Shannon Hoon, etc...) who went out that way and it disgusts me the same.

radekas

( ͠° ͟ل͜ ͡°)
Aug 26, 2009
what a superficial take on a conflicted and complicated character, batman has a dark aura and some people just don't have that, ben is one.
That's bollocks. I told you earlier that his Daredevil role was pretty Batmanish and he wasn't bad. And it was 10 years ago when he was one of Hollywood's pretty boys. Now he's an Oscar-winning director who plays serious roles in his and other movies. You underestimate him and will be surprised.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Radekas I'm sorry, but you underrate what a complicated and serious character batman is. It's not just kicking ass with suit or silly playboy without, more depth to him, read the comics a bit (the highlights at least), very unique and interesting character (a reason why he is most cherished hero). But even if I don't agree with you in that it's clear no one but Bale has done the character justice so far, I agree that not much blame should go to the actors. The reason Bale did such a fantastic job, besides his amazing acting, is mainly because he got a serious project by a dedicated director. The previous weak attempts were mainly so due to the studio/directors.

Even if you of course don't want limited actors in the role, they can do a decent job if the team behind then are serious and talented in their craft. So in that case, IMO Afflek though no Bale, will do decent job as long as he has serious material to work with.

radekas

( ͠° ͟ل͜ ͡°)
Aug 26, 2009
Radekas I'm sorry, but you underrate what a complicated and serious character batman is. It's not just kicking ass with suit or silly playboy without, more depth to him, read the comics a bit (the highlights at least), very unique and interesting character (a reason why he is most cherished hero). But even if I don't agree with you in that it's clear no one but Bale has done the character justice so far, I agree that not much blame should go to the actors. The reason Bale did such a fantastic job, besides his amazing acting, is mainly because he got a serious project by a dedicated director. The previous weak attempts were mainly so due to the studio/directors.

Even if you of course don't want limited actors in the role, they can do a decent job if the team behind then are serious and talented in their craft. So in that case, IMO Afflek though no Bale, will do decent job as long as he has serious material to work with.
Wrong adress. I'm a comic books fan and especially DC Universe fan. I know pretty much everything there is to know about Batman. And I agree that he is a complex character... in the comic books where you can put so much more of his thoughts unlike in the movies. Batman is a pretty simple character in all of the Batman movies so far. Additionally this isn't a Batman movie but a Man of Steel sequel where he will be a co-protagonist or even a secondary protagonist. There will be no time for his backstory as he will be an established, older version.

Moreover Batman being complex doesn't mean that it's hard for an actor to play him. Especially for an actor like Affleck. Really, when you think about it there isn't much room for Batman complexness in a 100% Batman movie. There won't much room for it in a MoS sequel. That's why anyone worrying that Affleck has no "darkness" is just knee-jerking.

His complex character, unfortunetly, can only be seen in comic books and animated series. There's just no time for it in a 2 hours movie.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
I hear ya, but its even more disagreeable IMO that you find the previous editions of Batman any good despite knowing the comics so well (I should known you are DC fan since you like the Arrow as much as me). Or maybe you just expect less then I do and get more easily satisfied :p I dont expect carbon copy of the comics quality indepth or style depiction of the character (though I dream of a real Noire batman movie in style of Long halloween), but as close it can get, and Bale's Batman as close as it get can. Atleast the first two movies, last movie though good, kinda drifted into a different territory outside the comic-verse IMO narratively speaking (even if Bane was cool).

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
Jul 11, 2011
That's exactly what he did to them. Fucked them for life. Sorry, i've no respect fo ther weak minded dumbasses with everything in life who throw it away like that. I've had close friends and personal teen-years heroes (Layne Staley, Shannon Hoon, etc...) who went out that way and it disgusts me the same.
Layne :sad:

radekas

( ͠° ͟ل͜ ͡°)
Aug 26, 2009
I hear ya, but its even more disagreeable IMO that you find the previous editions of Batman any good despite knowing the comics so well (I should known you are DC fan since you like the Arrow as much as me). Or maybe you just expect less then I do and get more easily satisfied :p I dont expect carbon copy of the comics quality indepth or style depiction of the character (though I dream of a real Noire batman movie in style of Long halloween), but as close it can get, and Bale's Batman as close as it get can. Atleast the first two movies, last movie though good, kinda drifted into a different territory outside the comic-verse IMO narratively speaking (even if Bane was cool).
It's the latter. I don't really expect a real Batman in any of the movies. And yeah Bale's Batman had the most depth but it was mostly because of Nolan who put a lot more backstory into his movies than Burton or Shitmacher. That's why I am sure that Affleck will be a good movie-Batman as the role won't be THAT challenging and he is indeed a good actor since he stopped playing in terrible movies.

Imo TDKR was still a very good comic book movie and a great ending to the Nolan's trilogy :p.

ps. I would kill for a great Green Lantern movie. The Emotional Spectrum universe is the best part of the whole DC. Please someone make this.

Fint

Aug 13, 2010
Thor 2 was surprisingly good, better then the first one for sure. Hiddleton is superb as Loki, as one would expect. Just a little disappointed Portman still hasn't opened up her wormhole :sad:

radekas

( ͠° ͟ل͜ ͡°)
Aug 26, 2009
Thor 2 was surprisingly good, better then the first one for sure. Hiddleton is superb as Loki, as one would expect. Just a little disappointed Portman still hasn't opened up her wormhole :sad:
I found Thor 2 one of the worst Marvel movies. Iron Man 3 is still the worst but Thor 2 is not far behind.

Although Loki, as usual, is the brightest spot even if the twist seemed more like Marvel not wanting to kill their 2nd best fanboy/fangirl generator (after Tony Stark).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 45)