Movie Talk (New Films, Old Films... doesn't matter) (30 Viewers)

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
R.I.P.

I dont know whats more suprising, Hoffman dying (didnt know of his drug addiction), or that little nerdy kid Jesse Eisenberg is gonna play Lex Luthor (I like him, but jeez).

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Not gonna defend Affleck (yet), but you should know that people also talked shit when they announced Christian Bale as the Batman. We should wait and see, I really doubt he's gonna be bad. Or that bad as majority of people says.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
not only does he lack any sort of darkness to be even remotely close to being a good batman, but he will be judged against bale, who is prolly the best batman, so i dont care how amazingly hard he will work he will come short, simple as that.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
affleck playing batman is worse, at least jesse has that evil vibe about him
I'm ok with Afflek, he is safe and boring choice, but I'm ok with it, he or whoever they would have casted would be automatic failure compared to Bale anyways. he should do decent enough job as Bruce Wayne, remains to be seen if he is competent enough for the Bat scenes (I fail to see how he will be remotely gritty and dark enough for Batman, but then again I think the directors will fail at this part regardless of casting choice).

But Jesse, though he does the smartass upstaging crooked kinda thing well, I have hard time seeing being an evil menacing villain. Intelligence part of Lex he will potray well enough I think, but doubt he can be threatening enough. But hope he suprises me, generally find his scthtick fairly amusing, now lets see him add some darkness to it.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
I'm ok with Afflek, he is safe and boring choice, but I'm ok with it, he or whoever they would have casted would be automatic failure compared to Bale anyways. he should do decent enough job as Bruce Wayne, remains to be seen if he is competent enough for the Bat scenes (I fail to see how he will be remotely gritty and dark enough for Batman, but then again I think the directors will fail at this part regardless of casting choice).

But Jesse, though he does the smartass upstaging crooked kinda thing well, I have hard time seeing being an evil menacing villain. Intelligence part of Lex he will potray well enough I think, but doubt he can be threatening enough. But hope he suprises me, generally find his scthtick fairly amusing, now lets see him add some darkness to it.
affleck was picked mainly for the name recognition. But jesse imo has that psycho i got no empathy demeanor, and like you said he can pull off the smartass highly intelligent role.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 23)