Movie Talk (New Films, Old Films... doesn't matter) (36 Viewers)

Apr 15, 2006
Just watched Life of Pi. It was a visual treat fo sho, but the stranded-in-the-ocean scene went on for a little longer than I liked. It was like the 3D version of Castaway. And don't get me started about god. At first I was like "oh nice, I might like this movie". But then I was like "wtf where did god go?". It was disappointing!

Jul 1, 2010
Just watched Life of Pi. It was a visual treat fo sho, but the stranded-in-the-ocean scene went on for a little longer than I liked. It was like the 3D version of Castaway. And don't get me started about god. At first I was like "oh nice, I might like this movie". But then I was like "wtf where did god go?". It was disappointing!
I read the book, it is so boring.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
I actually really liked Castaway.

Apr 15, 2006
The Hobbit: I thought it was a great movie. The visuals were brilliant, Martin Freeman's acting was great, and I thought that at times, it was funnier than any of the LOTR movies. And I didn't feel that the movie was long or uninteresting at any point.

you dont say, sheik preventing sheik from enjoying himself?? oh and i dont think you got the point
It was all about the expectations set by the title. With Castaway, I felt that much of the movie was set in the island. But with this, I thought there would be more than him being stranded in the middle of the ocean.

What was the point though?

I read the book, it is so boring.
Then perhaps you know exactly what I mean.

I actually really liked Castaway.
I did too. And I must say much of the movie was entertaining. It's just that I thought there would be more to his life than being in the middle of the ocean. Left me disappointed.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
I did too. And I must say much of the movie was entertaining. It's just that I thought there would be more to his life than being in the middle of the ocean. Left me disappointed.
Apparently it's enough to make the SingJuveSings wanna visit India. :D

- - - Updated - - -

The world needs monster movies, that 90's Godzilla movie and Cloverfield have given them a bad name though :D
We need more nuclear waste for that. Fukushima may be our only hope.

acmilan

Plusvalenza Akbar
Nov 8, 2005
The world needs monster movies, that 90's Godzilla movie and Cloverfield have given them a bad name though :D
to put it mildly :D

it brought up some memories of the very early 90s when I watched that Robot Jox movie - shit movie but good enough for a 10 yo and my very first robot movie :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 33)