Movie Talk (New Films, Old Films... doesn't matter) (104 Viewers)

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
I saw a few movies on my transoceanic flights lately...

Premium Rush - Cheesy plotline, but I was surprisingly entertained. Yeah, it makes no sense when a biker with cracked ribs steps out of an ambulance and suddenly is doing jumps and landings on his bike > 2 meters high, but whatever.

Safety Not Guaranteed - Low key but entertaining movie. A bit of the stereotypical awkward-people-in-U.S.-Northwest-do-weird-things, but generally done pretty well. I liked some of the acting and storytelling. Quirky and delivers what you expect.

blondu

Grazie Ale
Nov 9, 2006
wtf will they fill those parts with? the book is just one..and short one too

- - - Updated - - -

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
I saw a few movies on my transoceanic flights lately...

Premium Rush - Cheesy plotline, but I was surprisingly entertained. Yeah, it makes no sense when a biker with cracked ribs steps out of an ambulance and suddenly is doing jumps and landings on his bike > 2 meters high, but whatever.

Safety Not Guaranteed - Low key but entertaining movie. A bit of the stereotypical awkward-people-in-U.S.-Northwest-do-weird-things, but generally done pretty well. I liked some of the acting and storytelling. Quirky and delivers what you expect.
1) Exactly what I thought.

2) It was good. Though this year there are like 3 other similar films and at least one more starring the same odd guy (My Sister's Sister, which is also pretty good). It's like someone is trying to start a Portlandia genre.:D

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
2) It was good. Though this year there are like 3 other similar films and at least one more starring the same odd guy (My Sister's Sister, which is also pretty good). It's like someone is trying to start a Portlandia genre.:D
Mark Duplass. Good actor in that part -- despite that he and his bro seem to be executive producers on everything he stars in. :D

Btw, the lead woman who plays Darius -- from Parks & Rec -- was on Portandia. :lol:

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
The appendices that appear at the end of ROTK. There is a lot of source material there which goes into detail the journey and environment surround The Hobbit. I'm interested to see how he'll turn that into three films, because they are not stories. There will be a fair bit of creative license.

It seems irritating to me, considering how condensed LOTR was, given the huge material.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 99)