Movie Talk (New Films, Old Films... doesn't matter) (58 Viewers)

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
John Carter Of Mars: Really nice popcorn visually appealing entertainment, its easy to see the book was one of the original books that started the sci fi-fantasy bonanza, colour and interesting world. Too bad film flopped so financially in a big time, cuz that ending made me want to see more of that world.

Aameer

May 6, 2012

I have mixed feelings about this movie. I liked the book a great deal when I first read it but Baz movies are a hit or miss for me. What do you guys think?

On the upside, the trailer does include Love is Blindness which is one of my favorite ever songs.

OP
Elvin

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
  • Thread Starter #10,055

I have mixed feelings about this movie. I liked the book a great deal when I first read it but Baz movies are a hit or miss for me. What do you guys think?

On the upside, the trailer does include Love is Blindness which is one of my favorite ever songs.
    I trust DiCaprio's ability to pick scripts, he's very careful, I haven't seen him in a bad movie, not a single one that I didn't wanna re-watch later.

PS except J. Edgar, that one was awful.

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
    May 27, 2009
    Had a very busy day...

No Country For Old Men - Top notch acting. Don't know why I've waited so long to watch it.

One Day - Yeah, don't judge me. I loved it.

Red Dog - Typical dog movie, so I enjoyed it.

Puncture next...

Enron

Tickle Me
    Oct 11, 2005

Looks a lot like Romeo and Juliet.

Aameer

May 6, 2012
    It does. I remember when I watched Romeo and Juliet with Leo DiCaprio I didn't like it at all! The Shakespearean English in modern settings bothered me too much. Now that I'm a bit older I know why the film was made the way it was and it just makes more sense to me.
    Perhaps I might wait for this movie to come onto DVD if I ever do decide to watch it.

Enron

Tickle Me
    Oct 11, 2005
    It does. I remember when I watched Romeo and Juliet with Leo DiCaprio I didn't like it at all! The Shakespearean English in modern settings bothered me too much. Now that I'm a bit older I know why the film was made the way it was and it just makes more sense to me.
    Perhaps I might wait for this movie to come onto DVD if I ever do decide to watch it.
    Yeah, I was gonna say that version was pretty awesome.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 57)