Movie Talk (New Films, Old Films... doesn't matter) (63 Viewers)

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
A few weeks ago I finally saw 44-Inch Chest. Great flick. Outstanding cast and acting from the guys from Sexy Beast. Written like a play. Sure, there's a lot of foul-mouthed swearing, but nothing out of the norm for me. :D

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
just finished watching midnight express its epic!!!! boy i would'nt want to be in billy hayes shoes ever!!! ( based on a true story!) the guy has been to hell and back over the course of 4+ years. after doing some research apparently the movie deviates from the book ( which was the exact telling of the story as it happened with out any harsh out looks on turkish people or there judicial system)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Midnight_Express_(film)
Excellent movie Bisco. Most of that movie was filmed here in Malta in the late 70's. The scenes where Billy goes ape shit on Rifki and the last part really are the true definition of awesomeness.

Bisco

Nov 21, 2005
Excellent movie Bisco. Most of that movie was filmed here in Malta in the late 70's. The scenes where Billy goes ape shit on Rifki and the last part really are the true definition of awesomeness.
spot on klin!!! that sob called rifiki had it coming to be honest he got on my nerves ever since the stunt he pulled to punish the english dude. the ending could'nt have been on a totally new level of awesomeness had they shown the real ending which was so bad ass!!

Bisco

Nov 21, 2005
platoon= awesomeness!! although full metal jacket is still a tiny bit better than platoon for me, non the less they dont make war movies this good any more.

Bisco

Nov 21, 2005
Now i know why you're in uni for so many years. Master of procrastination, huh Ahmed.:D
guilty as charged :D its bec i've been shit borrrrrrrrrreeeeeeeeeeeeeed these past few days!! and add the fact i've been skint this past week and u've got a recipe for piss poor mood to do anything and sure as hell sitting and going thru a fucking lame ass book does'nt sound appealing to me. should be clearing my act tomorrow as i have a long day at uni and my mid terms are next week :D

in general i put the pro in procrastination big B :D and how the hell am i going thru a longer period of hell just by being in uni?!?!?!??! billy hayes did'nt get to see loads of ass and boobs like i do at uni :p:D will hit u up with my comeback when i can rep u B.

Bisco

Nov 21, 2005
Cram studies are where it's at but i doubt you can squash about five thick books into a few hours.:D
books?!?!? bro books are for the parents to admire and say " boy ahmed sure as hell kills himself studying sth we bloody forced him to study, that boy of ours is such an angel!!" usually i call a smart girl i know and meet her up to photocopy her notes and thats what gets me thru exams. sure i get a C on a good day but hey i passed and thats what matters. i've reached a state where a D sounds like an A+ for my mum and dad :D

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
books?!?!? bro books are for the parents to admire and say " boy ahmed sure as hell kills himself studying sth we bloody forced him to study, that boy of ours is such an angel!!" usually i call a smart girl i know and meet her up to photocopy her notes and thats what gets me thru exams. sure i get a C on a good day but hey i passed and thats what matters. i've reached a state where a D sounds like an A+ for my mum and dad :D
oh boy :D

Byrone

Peen Meister
Dec 19, 2005
:lol:

So you're learning all the short cuts, thats great. Is the bookworm cute at least? I bet if you gave her the time of her life, she's provide you with A + material.As for accepting a D, i don't blame you, if i had to study as long as you do, i go insane.:D

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
hey i'm still good enough to prescribe medications ( drugs) to u lot!! :D just read the pamphlet that comes with the medicine and yr good :D
Yeah about that, I have a bone to pick with you. I've never been to Egypt, but I bet it's a standard thing all over the world. When they sell you some drug there's always a little piece of paper that explains how to use it, side effects etc. What they do is fold this in half and stuff it into the box. Which means that every time you open the box you have to deal with the stupid folded paper that prevents you from closing it properly, making me more and more annoyed with it. :doh:

Oh yeah, I have the flu. But I think it's almost over now.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
:D nothing ever changes in this shit hole i'm in fred u know how it is with continuous routine. i feel like my life is on loop.

how r u doing bro?? hope all is going well with u

Oh ya, been there :D

I'm doing fine, i got myself a job recently, few hours, good pay, so i'm optimistic about this year :tup:

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Yeah about that, I have a bone to pick with you. I've never been to Egypt, but I bet it's a standard thing all over the world. When they sell you some drug there's always a little piece of paper that explains how to use it, side effects etc. What they do is fold this in half and stuff it into the box. Which means that every time you open the box you have to deal with the stupid folded paper that prevents you from closing it properly, making me more and more annoyed with it. :doh:

Oh yeah, I have the flu. But I think it's almost over now.
:howler: so true

Bisco

Nov 21, 2005
:lol:

So you're learning all the short cuts, thats great. Is the bookworm cute at least? I bet if you gave her the time of her life, she's provide you with A + material.As for accepting a D, i don't blame you, if i had to study as long as you do, i go insane.:D
short cuts is the way to go to be honest B, i've come to the conclusion that all the shit they make u memorize is worthless in the real world. ( apart from three or four courses at best the rest are just theories that r never applied) i have friends who graduated and they tell me non of the bs we had to memorize is required unless u work in a pharmaceutical factory which is sth i dont plan on doing any time in my life time.

as for the book worm, i wish i can tell u she is like one of those nerds that show up on naughty america ( fred imagination would sure as hell be welcomed here!! :D) but that would be one heck of a lie, so to put it in a humane way lets say i look hotter than her even when i dont shave for a week!!! i say we leave it at that and dont u rub it in me!! i need her to get thru this hellish time :D and if it goes down to me playing a long that i have feelings for her so be it as long as i see the end of this dark dark tunnel!!!

last semester i had to hand in a lab manual and i simply did'nt know any of the answers so she told me oh ahmed give it to me i will do it for u and tomorrow u can hand it in! guess what i scored on that lab manual?!?!?! i got an A!! so sure i will swallow my fucking pride and keep kissing ass until i get out of here god help us all :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 55)