Movie Talk (New Films, Old Films... doesn't matter) (158 Viewers)

CrimsonianKing

U can't expect an Inexperienced team like Juventus
Jan 16, 2013
Eyes wide shut - Never understood the hate on this one either. It's not Kubrick's weakest movie as there's no such thing as a weak Kubrick movie.

The story is intriguing and keeps the viewer on the edge of his seat all the way to the end. As any of his other movies, it leaves a lot to imagination as questions aren't answered. The plot was great and his signature camera technique always captures human emotions or the lack of it like no other director, imo.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Good dialogs based on any worth of watching/reading philosophical topics, like meaning of life, virtues or whichever tough thing to cover I guess.

I'll write that down. Cheers Denebovski.
Louis Malle's My Dinner With Andre is a good one for that.

- - - Updated - - -

Eyes wide shut - Never understood the hate on this one either. It's not Kubrick's weakest movie as there's no such thing as a weak Kubrick movie.

The story is intriguing and keeps the viewer on the edge of his seat all the way to the end. As any of his other movies, it leaves a lot to imagination as questions aren't answered. The plot was great and his signature camera technique always captures human emotions or the lack of it like no other director, imo.
It's not Kubrick that's the problem with this film. Tom Cruise and Nicole Kidman are appalling actors. :p

- - - Updated - - -

watch "wages of fear" and "pickpocket"
Pickpocket :heart:

What do you think of Friedkin's remake of Wages of Fear, with Roy Scheider, Sorceror?

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
Louis Malle's My Dinner With Andre is a good one for that.

- - - Updated - - -

It's not Kubrick that's the problem with this film. Tom Cruise and Nicole Kidman are appalling actors. :p

- - - Updated - - -

Pickpocket :heart:

What do you think of Friedkin's remake of Wages of Fear, with Roy Scheider, Sorceror?
:p i havent seen it, should i?

I think I've only seen Seven Samurai from him.
you missing out homes

CrimsonianKing

U can't expect an Inexperienced team like Juventus
Jan 16, 2013
I didn't think Tom Cruise was a bad actor at all in that movie. Especially when you consider that just like the 80's, the 90's had some funny acting, in a bad way.

Kidman on the other hand... It's not that she's a bad actress but she can't do a drunk/high person to save her life. Her drunk character was the weakest point on this excellent movie.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 153)