Movie Talk (New Films, Old Films... doesn't matter) (86 Viewers)

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Awesome, I read the Longships! It's bit of a classic. And also seen the 60s movie that's loosely based on it, it was fairly campy and fun fair. Sidney Poiter has a cool role of playing a moorish prince.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
"The most ambitious Scandinavian viking project to-date" is on its way: http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/cannes-stellan-skarsgard-star-viking-705203
:weee:

We're gonna wait a while, though.

I'll probably watch tomorrow that animated movie Valhalla that was suggested above.

- - - Updated - - -

Awesome, I read the Longships! It's bit of a classic. And also seen the 60s movie that's loosely based on it, it was fairly campy and fun fair. Sidney Poiter has a cool role of playing a moorish prince.
lol I remember the episode in Only Fools and Horses when they mentioned him.

Völler

Always spot on
May 6, 2012
:weee:

We're gonna wait a while, though.

I'll probably watch tomorrow that animated movie Valhalla that was suggested above.
I remember reading the comics that movie is based on when I was a little boy. :touched: The movie is a bit of a cult classic here, though I honestly don't remember how good it is.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Viking films must be the equivalent of American Westerns for you dolphin fuckers.
I wish, or its because our movie industries aren't so big (or Denmarks is fairly excellent), but barely know much if any viking movies(only recall a comedy series). In general even if the history is appreciated, the viking obsession is more from the anglo side of the Western world and not so much here in Scandinavia.

Völler

Always spot on
May 6, 2012
Viking films must be the equivalent of American Westerns for you dolphin fuckers.
Not really, there are like zero of them. Kind of strange when you think about it, but I guess it has to do with the budget. Viking films would require filming at sea and big sets while for a western you'd just go to the Monument Valley with no distractions whatsoever.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Not really, there are like zero of them. Kind of strange when you think about it, but I guess it has to do with the budget. Viking films would require filming at sea and big sets while for a western you'd just go to the Monument Valley with no distractions whatsoever.
I assume this will suck :D

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2290553/

Big budget is not an excuse. It should be filmed now, it has everything it takes to take a big part in the movie industry. Vikings cover amazing history.

Völler

Always spot on
May 6, 2012
I just Googled Swedish viking movies, couldn't find any lol.
I can only think of Valhalla Rising and Den Sidste Viking - both flunked. I guess it's like with war movies, that it's a subject that (almost always) requires good production value to attract an audience. If the upcoming viking movie is done right, I don't see why there couldn't be a wave of viking movies coming.

Found this article about the subject: http://www.b.dk/film/fri-os-fra-de-vilde-vikingefilm

- - - Updated - - -

I assume this will suck :D

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2290553/

Big budget is not an excuse. It should be filmed now, it has everything it takes to take a big part in the movie industry. Vikings cover amazing history.
Yeah, that looks like shit. :D

I was just talking about why there previously haven't been a lot of viking movies. And the ones that have (in Denmark) haven't been successful. And knowing film studios, that's a huge reason why there aren't a lot of viking films. If the next one is successful, I'm sure more are coming.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Here's what I recently watched

The Princess Bride - What a simple yet so epic movie, I loved it :D

Groundhog Day - Meh, decent at best. Still, nice to kill some spare time.

- Wow, what a load of shit. To me this is one of the most overrated movies ever made. It might be that I'm not a fan of Fellini since I also thought how Amarcrod sucks. But man, what a disaster this movie was/is, it's beyond me. Sure, I can understand it's autobiographical plot and his stress. But this movie is simply horrible. So many things dropped at once, it seems like he made this movie in one day, literally one day.

The Last Emperor - Nothing special.

Völler

Always spot on
May 6, 2012
Here's what I recently watched

The Princess Bride - What a simple yet so epic movie, I loved it :D

Groundhog Day - Meh, decent at best. Still, nice to kill some spare time.

- Wow, what a load of shit. To me this is one of the most overrated movies ever made. It might be that I'm not a fan of Fellini since I also thought how Amarcrod sucks. But man, what a disaster this movie was/is, it's beyond me. Sure, I can understand it's autobiographical plot and his stress. But this movie is simply horrible. So many things dropped at once, it seems like he made this movie in one day, literally one day.

The Last Emperor - Nothing special.
Stop meh'ing at Groundhog Day. :stuckup: I, on the other hand, weren't that big a fan of The Princess Bride. Agree about The Last Emperor. I'm still saving 8 1/2.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
I liked Groundhog Day! I just don't think it was special as some suggest. Although I love every movie that can return me to childhood and give a nice feeling, like an old school stuff. That movie totally did that.

- - - Updated - - -

@Dule90 you dont like the show vikings?

- - - Updated - - -

HBO should go all out and do rome type show about mongols
No man, I love Vikings, I think it's epic. :D But I'm just saying how there's lack of Vikings stuff in general and it's a pity because I love their history and tradition.

Agreed. We need a Genghis Khan!

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
@<a href="http://forum.juventuz.org/member.php?u=8933" target="_blank">Dule90</a> you dont like the show vikings?

- - - Updated - - -

HBO should go all out and do rome type show about mongols
OH PLEASE GOD YES. If that happend, it would be so epic. I knew a few top notch books they can base it on. But they would have to do it real authentic, no english mumbo jumbo ;)

Seeing this on a weekly basis :tuttosport:

Or savvy/skillful duels like this:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 71)