Movie Talk (New Films, Old Films... doesn't matter) (15 Viewers)

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
You can't watch a scene like that without context. I only posted it because I wanted to make sure if swag was thinking about the same one. :)
Sure, it probably works better that way.

But this kind of discourse isn't new to me. There are plenty of highly intelligent and witty Italians. I've read this level of writing in commentaries on politics and social affairs and I have tremendous respect for people who can express themselves so well (and so cuttingly when they want to). A class of their own.

Völler

Always spot on
May 6, 2012
Sure, it probably works better that way.

But this kind of discourse isn't new to me. There are plenty of highly intelligent and witty Italians. I've read this level of writing in commentaries on politics and social affairs and I have tremendous respect for people who can express themselves so well (and so cuttingly when they want to). A class of their own.
Scene spoiler:

Sure, it's nothing new to see that kind of reasoning, and that's why context is important. At this point in the movie, Jep is saying what the audience is thinking about the lifestyle of these people. However, we haven't heard this kind of reasoning directly, and the characters have been beating around the bush until now. That's why it's quite a shock when Jep is being this direct and reveals not only that they have a meaningless lives, but that they are doing nothing to try to change that. He's talking about her life, but it's of course applying to all their lives.

Fint

Aug 13, 2010
The family, kind of what you'd expect from a De Niro flick these days, pretty uneventful and mediocre.

Only highlight was the actress who plays his daughter, no idea who she is, I just hope shes "of age": :klin: :shifty:

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Il buono, il brutto, il cattivo - I was actually a fan of Ennio Morricone before even seeing this movie. After seeing it today I can easily say that his music fits flawlessly into this one, it literally gave spirit to the movie. I always thought I'd avoid wester movies like a plague but now I've seen there's no need to do that. Also, I'm glad I've seen Clint Eastwood in his early days when he was a badass. Great movie.

- - - Updated - - -

It's not a movie but Inspector Montalbano is pretty cool :p
Will check it out. Cheers.

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
Jul 11, 2011
Il buono, il brutto, il cattivo - I was actually a fan of Ennio Morricone before even seeing this movie. After seeing it today I can easily say that his music fits flawlessly into this one, it literally gave spirit to the movie. I always thought I'd avoid wester movies like a plague but now I've seen there's no need to do that. Also, I'm glad I've seen Clint Eastwood in his early days when he was a badass. Great movie.
how have you not seen that yet?? :shocked:

also check out a fistful of dollars (Per un pugno di dollari) and a few dollars more (Per qualche dollaro in più)

@Monco :D

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
for shame.

you've seen the godfather 1 & 2... right? :shifty:
I watched those. Although I can't remember if I've seen the whole movie (second part).

Here's some that I missed: 12 Angry Men (I did see it as a kid, but I have no idea what is it about now), Schindler's List (same as previous one), Goodfellas, Once upon a time in America, Gladiator, Pulp Fiction (I know!) and many, many others lol.

Monco

C.R.E.A.M
Mar 27, 2013
how have you not seen that yet?? :shocked:

also check out a fistful of dollars (Per un pugno di dollari) and a few dollars more (Per qualche dollaro in più)

@Monco :D
For sure. I've already expressed my love for western movies some time ago so I won't repeat myself, but the Dollar trilogy is a classic and a must see for everyone. I also recommend Unforgiven, The Wild Bunch, Rio Bravo, The Treasure of the Sierra Madre, The Searchers, The Magnificent Seven and Once Upon a Time In The West of course. Basically anything that has Clint Eastwood, John Wayne or Charles Bronson in it is going to be a great watch.

for shame.

you've seen the godfather 1 & 2... right? :shifty:
There was actually a guy from my school who didn't saw The Godfather. When everyone find out, they were looking at him as if he just said that he licked some old hobo's balls. :D

I watched those. Although I can't remember if I've seen the whole movie (second part).

Here's some that I missed: 12 Angry Men (I did see it as a kid, but I have no idea what is it about now), Schindler's List (same as previous one), Goodfellas, Once upon a time in America, Gladiator, Pulp Fiction (I know!) and many, many others lol.
Fuck everything else, just watch this. Now. Right now.

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
Jul 11, 2011
resevoir dogs
scarface
star wars
blues brothers
predator
dr strangelove
2001 space odyssey
taxi driver
saving private ryan
heat

???

- - - Updated - - -

For sure. I've already expressed my love for western movies some time ago so I won't repeat myself, but the Dollar trilogy is a classic and a must see for everyone. I also recommend Unforgiven, The Wild Bunch, Rio Bravo, The Treasure of the Sierra Madre, The Searchers, The Magnificent Seven and Once Upon a Time In The West of course. Basically anything that has Clint Eastwood, John Wayne or Charles Bronson in it is going to be a great watch.

There was actually a guy from my school who didn't saw The Godfather. When everyone find out, they were looking at him as if he just said that he licked some old hobo's balls. :D

well I mentioned you because of this
:D

yes I have done that also, such people deserve a slap

:agree: goodfellas is probably the best gang/mob movie after godfather 1 & 2

Völler

Always spot on
May 6, 2012
:D

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
I actually started watching yesterday and had to pause at 30 minutes, but I still didn't continue. :shifty:

There's just too many stuff I want to see and I can't ever decide, so I mix tons of shit. Now I want westerns and some Italian films :boh:

resevoir dogs
scarface
star wars
blues brothers
predator
dr strangelove
2001 space odyssey
taxi driver
saving private ryan
heat
I didn't watch Reservoir Dogs but I'm not a big Tarantino fan really. As for others I didn't watch dr strangelove, 2001 space odyssey and Taxi Driver. :lol2:

As for Blues Brothers, fuck you!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 14)