Movie Talk (New Films, Old Films... doesn't matter) (92 Viewers)

Fint

Aug 13, 2010
It's daft, don't get me wrong. But it's bloody and violent enough with above average acting, so it managed to hold my attention long enough to see it through.

radekas

( ͠° ͟ل͜ ͡°)
Aug 26, 2009
Black Death is a really good medieval movie with no Hollywood bullshit attached. Gritty, gory, brutal, tragic. Basically showing how the world looked 1000 years ago. I really wish they made more of them.

Also, I now know how that Dutch actress got the role of Melisandre in GoT.

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
Jul 11, 2011
Dredd
not bad,

not great,

but not bad :agree:

The final scene where he throws Momma off the balcony after giving her a hit of Slo-mo, pretty cool

Karl Urban may have overcooked the 'Dredd' unhappy face though.
I thought it was pretty cool.

dat blonde girl is so hot :tuttosport:

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Holy crap... I finally saw the 1970 Bernardo Bertolucci classic, Il conformista (The Conformist).

What a gorgeously filmed movie. Great casting. Serious style. And a good political/sexual plot of the Facist era.

Best FAKE FAN movie evah! :p

Jul 10, 2006
Hunger Games was excellent.
We've already had this discussion via twitter, but it wasn't. It sucked. It was so slow. I also didn't like how the director decided on using a technique where the camera was constantly bouncing around. I wish there was more time spent during the actual games themselves.

I did, however, like the twist at the end to set up part 3.

I like the universe the films (and books, obv) are set in.

But I also saw one reviewer who sums it up nicely: "A retread of a tale that's The Running Man meets Lord of the Flies with a dash of Twilight for tween-adoring measure." lol

But, as I said on twitter, everyone else seems to love it. What did I miss?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 89)