Movie Talk (New Films, Old Films... doesn't matter) (74 Viewers)

Völler

Always spot on
May 6, 2012
I did, it's a great movie IMO. However I enjoyed first half of the movie better. Still, it's a top movie.
Awesome! :)
And yeah, I agree with X about Full Metal Jacket. It's kind of a schizophrene movie since there is such a big difference between the first and second half. I loved the first half and was disappointed by the second half. However, I definitely need to watch it again sometime soon.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
the first half of the movie is greatness, a meticulous portrayal of boot camp. I personally like the second half especially the camera work, but a lot of people feel "platoon" showed the war better.
I agree. I thought it was going very well, however when that part ended I felt a great disappointment. It's like movie followed the most boring part of the war and totally not related to the movie. It's seriously like two separate movies.

I'll give Platoon a try, but I'll check out Thin Red Line first.

- - - Updated - - -

Awesome! :)
And yeah, I agree with X about Full Metal Jacket. It's kind of a schizophrene movie since there is such a big difference between the first and second half. I loved the first half and was disappointed by the second half. However, I definitely need to watch it again sometime soon.
Same.

Völler

Always spot on
May 6, 2012
Have you seen any other Malick films? His movies are quite unlike any other director's, and you'll either love it or think it's the most pretentious shit ever. :D The voice-over is used for inner philosophical thoughts, and you have to keep in mind that it's a long slow-paced film.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, and it has some of the most beautiful images you will ever see on film.

- - - Updated - - -

Make sure you watch it in full hd.

89man

Sep 4, 2013
Stand By Me, Jaws, Trainspotting, Planet Of The Apes {1968 version}, The Shawshank Redemption, Mad Max. Just a few of my favourite films of all time.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 72)