Movie Talk (New Films, Old Films... doesn't matter) (49 Viewers)

Völler

Always spot on
May 6, 2012
well for one it's a beautifully written book, plus the movie was based on it, so it would give an added dimension to the viewing, it's a pretty short book too. Oh and fool of me to forget that in the land of danes "should" implied necessity :D
But how would you say reading the book adds to the viewing? I don't see how not reading the book would make you miss the point of the movie. Sure, it's fun from a comparative point of view, but you might as well read the book afterwards and compare them there.

Völler

Always spot on
May 6, 2012
you never read a book and saw its adaptation on screen? you are voller of shit
Of course I have, and that can be annoying too. If you already have a certain view on things from the book, and the movie changes that drastically, then that can be quite irritating. And you tend to focus on how the movie and book are different instead of enjoying them as separate pieces of art.

- - - Updated - - -

And yes, I'm disagreeing on everything just for the sake of it. :D

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
Of course I have, and that can be annoying too. If you already have a certain view on things from the book, and the movie changes that drastically, then that can be quite irritating. And you tend to focus on how the movie and book are different instead of enjoying them as separate pieces of art.

- - - Updated - - -

And yes, I'm disagreeing on everything just for the sake of it. :D

breakfast club, top 20 of all time, yes or no?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 47)