Movie Talk (New Films, Old Films... doesn't matter) (82 Viewers)

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
also watched inception, but will have to give it a second run to reach a final opinion up until the end of the first hour i was not seeing where all the hype was coming from to be honest, so a second seeing should really make every thing make more sense to me.
I would really not want to watch that movie again. It was cool and all but way too long. I don't know why some people act like it was the greatest movie they've seen, it wasn't anything special, although the effects were cool.

And Jason Statham FTW! :mark:

Bisco

Nov 21, 2005
I would really not want to watch that movie again. It was cool and all but way too long. I don't know why some people act like it was the greatest movie they've seen, it wasn't anything special, although the effects were cool.

And Jason Statham FTW! :mark:
i dont know, for the first hour it was all over the place for me probably bec i have'nt slept well last night and could'nt be bothered with doing anything else other than watching this one. it got pretty interesting right after the hour mark when they pull the job and it takes a turn, but then they lost me :D so i will watch it again this time whilst paying attention so i can grasp the idea of the movie which is pretty complicated. i can understand if people rate this movie bec of the effects put into this movie, its epic and perfectly done but i'm pretty sure there is more to the movie than the effects hence the second try to watching it.

as for jason statham, he is one of my favs specially in snatch.

Jul 5, 2006
127 Hours, true and unbelievable story! Aron Ralston (James Franco) is admirable, god i couldnt make that decision (i dont wanna say it maybe you wanna see the movie).. sure James Franco will have some awards :beer:

A Danny Boyle movie..and again very good movie score!

..***..

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
Yeah, because it's so complicated that my young brain can't deal with it.
No, that's not why. It's because (this is my new epiphany as of 3 minutes ago) you are too young to have been absorbed in the cultural reality that produced the movie. Thus you don't appreciate it from the same perspective.

OP
Elvin

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
  • Thread Starter #6,397
    Yeah, because it's so complicated that my young brain can't deal with it.
    No, that's not why. It's because (this is my new epiphany as of 3 minutes ago) you are too young to have been absorbed in the cultural reality that produced the movie. Thus you don't appreciate it from the same perspective.
    It clearly was too young to figure out what Martin meant.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 81)