Movie Talk (New Films, Old Films... doesn't matter) (37 Viewers)

Juvenann

Sep 3, 2018
Has someone seen "Beyond The Black Rainbow"?
No one? :sad:

Trailers that I found interesting...

(It isn't new, I know)

I love Pattinson and I hate that people have him in stigma for that shit "Twilight". I appreciate that he's accepting interesting projects and can demonstrate the potential that he has. He's amazing in Cosmpolis and Good Time.

I have read a comment about this film, from someone who said that its forms remind Tarkovsky, but without his depth.

Mia Wasikowska:sheik:

I also want to watch In Fabric.

Buy on AliExpress.com

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
I love Pattinson and I hate that people have him in stigma for that shit "Twilight". I appreciate that he's accepting interesting projects and can demonstrate the potential that he has.
I'm one of them :snoop:

Doesn't help that with his movie selection he's trying extra hard to get rid of just that stigma, which will of course never work. He's always gonna be the faggot Vampire, just like Daniel Radcliffe will always be Harry Potter.

Last edited:

Juvenann

Sep 3, 2018
I'm one of them :snoop:

Doesn't help that with his movie selection he's trying extra hard to get rid of just that stigma, which will of course never work. He's always gonna be the faggot Vampire, just like Daniel Radcliffe will always be Harry Potter.
I hate you :stuckup:.

How can you demonstrate potential in... Twilight :boh:
Of course, but he has made more films besides Twilight, and people (like @DAiDEViL :stuckup:) still see him as a mediocre actor without really see the projects he's choosing, and the interpretative talent he has. Sure, we can't stay with the fagot vampire of Twilight.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
No one? :sad:

Trailers that I found interesting...

(It isn't new, I know)

I love Pattinson and I hate that people have him in stigma for that shit "Twilight". I appreciate that he's accepting interesting projects and can demonstrate the potential that he has. He's amazing in Cosmpolis and Good Time.

I have read a comment about this film, from someone who said that its forms remind Tarkovsky, but without his depth.

Mia Wasikowska:sheik:

I also want to watch In Fabric.
Cold War was fantastic. I saw it at VIFF this autumn. Gorgeous film, I loved its black and white aesthetic. And the music. :heart: I love it's pacing, how fleeting everything is, and how it still manages to tell such a story in under 90 minutes, in this modern world of cinema where most films have trouble staying under 2 hrs (not that I don't enjoy this also).

Other films I enjoyed at VIFF were:

The Favourite
Shoplifters
Jinpa
Shadow
The Wolf House
Ruben Brandt, Collector
Long Day's Journey into Night
Sicilian Ghost Story
The Wild Pear Tree
The Sisters Brothers
Happy As Lazzaro
The Old Man and the Gun
Edge of the Knife
An Elephant Sitting Still
Daughter of Mine
Transit

lgorTudor

Jan 15, 2015
What are some movies where the protagonist receives obvious signals and flat out invitations from an ultra hot girl with a sweet personality and mega body that he feels a great chemistry with all the way through but he is way too much of a stuttering retard pussy to make a move so he ends up alone in his hotel room dreaming about killing himself?

Klovn

#MakeTuzGreatAgain
Jul 28, 2011
What are some movies where the protagonist receives obvious signals and flat out invitations from an ultra hot girl with a sweet personality and mega body that he feels a great chemistry with all the way through but he is way too much of a stuttering retard pussy to make a move so he ends up alone in his hotel room dreaming about killing himself?
Sounds like me IRL

Völler

Always spot on
May 6, 2012
Anyone else seen The House That Jack Built yet? Challenging and provocative as all von Trier films are, but also tedious and repetitive. Definitely not one of his best. The ending is something else though. I haven't stopped thinking about it since I watched it. But perhaps it's a film more interesting to analyze than to actually watch.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
First Man - Decent but way too overrated. Just another space movie. Acting was nothing special (average at best), storyline was nothing and camera was rather annoying with the close up and shakes. I have no idea what people like about this one to hype it. Suspense? Nope, it had zero. Way too predictable too... like when he starts focusing on the mission, family starts to suffer and wife is there to moan :sleepy: I did love the soundtrack upon the landing, though. I'll give 'em that.

Le diable probablement - Meh. It had a nice idea but I did not like how it was executed. Acting was literally non-existant and the main guy is horrible. I love Bresson but this is the worst movie I've seen from him so far.

Y tu mamá también - I did not enjoy it. It had a good start but it fell apart later on. I thought I'd see some kind of adventure but it was rather meh. But despite all that, it still sticks with ya (not just the sex scenes).

Paris, Texas - I really liked it. I think it's a great movie. Enjoyable and nicely made. It hits quite hard and Wim Wenders is a genius.

Driving Miss Daisy - That was a nice surprise. Pretty great and relaxing movie.

Atonement - Nice. Not much to say about it.

Juvenann

Sep 3, 2018
Anyone else seen The House That Jack Built yet? Challenging and provocative as all von Trier films are, but also tedious and repetitive. Definitely not one of his best. The ending is something else though. I haven't stopped thinking about it since I watched it. But perhaps it's a film more interesting to analyze than to actually watch.
I didn't watch it, but I have the impression that it's very pretentious and gimmicky. It is?

First Man - Decent but way too overrated. Just another space movie. Acting was nothing special (average at best), storyline was nothing and camera was rather annoying with the close up and shakes. I have no idea what people like about this one to hype it. Suspense? Nope, it had zero. Way too predictable too... like when he starts focusing on the mission, family starts to suffer and wife is there to moan :sleepy: I did love the soundtrack upon the landing, though. I'll give 'em that.
Thanks, you saved me a ticket to the cinema :tup:. I definitely think that I will stop trying with the space movies. There will be no more good movies of that genre after 2001 and Moon.

Y tu mamá también - I did not enjoy it. It had a good start but it fell apart later on. I thought I'd see some kind of adventure but it was rather meh. But despite all that, it still sticks with ya (not just the sex scenes).

Atonement - Nice. Not much to say about it.
If you want to watch cinema in Spanish, watch this one. I know I'm heavy with this movie, but I will not stop recommending it until someone here watch it :lol3:.

Lennie is incredible.

Btw, I hate Atonement, and there is no chemistry between Keira and James.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Thanks, you saved me a ticket to the cinema :tup:. I definitely think that I will stop trying with the space movies. There will be no more good movies of that genre after 2001 and Moon.
Meh. Some people really like it. You might be among those people. I surely didn't like it that much to recommend it or fap over it. Just decent at best. Oh and I really liked Moon.

I might check out Magical Girl this week.

Juvenann

Sep 3, 2018
Meh. Some people really like it. You might be among those people. I surely didn't like it that much to recommend it or fap over it. Just decent at best. Oh and I really liked Moon.

I might check out Magical Girl this week.
I don't know, the trailer didn't even excite me. It looked predescible, and you said it yourself, so I don't think I will change my mind if I watch it.

I hope you like Magical Girl, it's not a horror movie :baus:.

I just found out that the director of The Witch is finishing filming a black and white horror film, with Pattinson and Dafoe. I already have high expectations without knowing anything else about it.

Btw, today would be John Cassavetes's birthday :touched:.

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
I just found out that the director of The Witch is finishing filming a black and white horror film, with Pattinson and Dafoe. I already have high expectations without knowing anything else about it.
Poor Willem, having to play alongside him.

I'm Robert, and I'm picking yet another artsy movie to prove to ya'll that I'm a serious actor!

Such a tryhard :rolleyes:

:snoop:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 33)