Movie Talk (New Films, Old Films... doesn't matter) (16 Viewers)

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Welcome to Hollywood.
Ghostbusters move was really great lol.

Yea it's a shameless cash grab but the disney jews have found a clever way out of deserved criticism by giving an almost entirely black cast so it will be praised as courageous instead of pointless.
IMO there's no way it's gonna be anywhere near the original one when it comes to quality.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
It's not just Disney though. At times it seems like Hollywood only produces either remakes of old Blockbuster movies, sequels, or remakes of european movies.
But not just that. It's like they can't handle the risk while they are more profitable than ever :lol2: imagine in the past such projects, you'd need serious balls to invest into something. But look at Disney (or whole Hollywood), the movie industry is full of cash and budgets pumped into movies are insane. They they all want a safe bet and stick to remakes and other crap, but literal crap that it comes out of that. :tdown:

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Exactly. Wouldn't be making this shit if there wasn't an audience to gobble it up.
Blame the idiots that pay to watch the shit
That's true. However, it's not like people would not watch a quality movie that comes out or something that breaks the historic record of tickets. People are not rejecting that, either.

People are bored and they want the cinema. In a month you see 200 movies appear. People go watch shit because who can promise them quality movies in the future? Also, some people are simply without taste. Just look how many Milan and Inter fans there are.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
That's true. However, it's not like people would not watch a quality movie that comes out or something that breaks the historic record of tickets. People are not rejecting that, either.

People are bored and they want the cinema. In a month you see 200 movies appear. People go watch shit because who can promise them quality movies in the future? Also, some people are simply without taste. Just look how many Milan and Inter fans there are.
But its so much easier and safer to reboot something like this. You know that Lion King reboot is gonna make a shitload of money with minimal effort or risk.

Plenty of quality, original movies don't make much money.

Cerval

Feb 20, 2016
But not just that. It's like they can't handle the risk while they are more profitable than ever :lol2: imagine in the past such projects, you'd need serious balls to invest into something. But look at Disney (or whole Hollywood), the movie industry is full of cash and budgets pumped into movies are insane. They they all want a safe bet and stick to remakes and other crap, but literal crap that it comes out of that. :tdown:
It's because when you have shareholders, it's your JOB to keep them happy, so looking for something you'll not have as good inspirations as if the idea came to you by itself and genuinely didn't do something for the sake of it.

Money corrupts, be it in football, music, film industries, etc. Everything.

icemaη

Rab's Husband - The Regista
Aug 27, 2008
Yea it's a shameless cash grab but the disney jews have found a clever way out of deserved criticism by giving an almost entirely black cast so it will be praised as courageous instead of pointless.
Its a pretty great cast though. Except maybe Beyonce and Ejiofor who, afaik, haven't done any voice roles of note.

Disney is remaking a bunch of those 90s animated movies in either photorealistic animation or live action. I think Lion King will be good.
I wonder how Guy Ritchie's Aladdin will turn out though.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
:shocked:
Watch it now, it's short. But don't watch it looking for a kind of cinema of Tarkovski.
Have you ever seen a Giallo?
Giallo? Link me.

I can hardly expect to see Tarkovsky anywhere nearby.

I might try it someday. I'm not a huge horror fan. In fact, I really dislike horror movies unless the essence itself is in the movie to create the horror-ish atmosphere. But the genre itself does not suit me at all. Nor I'm a huge comedy fan.

Right now I'm watching Pushkin: Poslednyaya duel.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 10)