Movie Talk (New Films, Old Films... doesn't matter) (40 Viewers)

OP
Elvin

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
  • Thread Starter #25,142
    Well, for example, it says a fuckin ship, built by a man who ended up living 950 (!) years btw, saved millions of species of animals, that's smth pretty outdated to believe IMO.

Raz

Nov 20, 2005
    Well, for example, it says a fuckin ship, built by a man who ended up living 950 years, saved millions of species of animals , that's smth pretty outdated to believe IMO.
    Well maybe you misunderstood the question, the question was what you think was that outdated the religion, what is new modern and rational thought that you are now living by that outdated the religion.

Btw religion is not a story about a guy on a cruise with his pets. That is just a story.

Jul 2, 2006
    :D

I could imagine the same reaction from people of Iran (even from non-religious ones) if Mustang was about Iran, because for some reason in that part of the world, any criticism of something related to our country is a direct attack on our identity and pride. Although I agree that the director was certainly trying to appeal to a western audience, I still think the movie was great, AND because I am from that part of the world myself, I know firsthand there is truth in what is shown in that movie.
    Ok i watched a bit of the movie by skipping a lot to know it a bit better. It was like

I knew that director was completely foreign to this country but i didn't expect that much. The language people talk, the events, the characters, everything is so fake. I don't even think she cares about things like women rights. Otherwise she wouldn't use under age girls in inappropriate scenes. If you honestly look on western view on under age girls, you would see that they are perfectly ok with a 12 years old having sex with bunch of people. What they don't like is marriage. You can't ignore the fact how they are pumping same sex relations and violence in their most popular tv series or video games. Family is the cell of the society. When cell goes abnormal, it becomes cancer. They are playing with the cells of society, they don't give a shit about women here as they didn't give a shit about millions of people got killed by their governments and the puppets appointed by them. I know it won't change your opinion but still...

and as i expected, at least don't make it too obvious people:sergio:
    http://www.sinematurk.com/icerik/4840-deniz-gamze-erguvenden-hollywood-filmi/
    Paramount Picture hired her and she is going to work with Daniel Craig and Halle Berry

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
    @Dostoevsky

I can't recall if you have watched Valerie and Her Week of Wonders? I watched it for the thousandth time tonight and was reminded just how extraordinary a film it really is. One of the best ever made.

@CrimsonianKing you too bro.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
    :D

I could imagine the same reaction from people of Iran (even from non-religious ones) if Mustang was about Iran, because for some reason in that part of the world, any criticism of something related to our country is a direct attack on our identity and pride. Although I agree that the director was certainly trying to appeal to a western audience, I still think the movie was great, AND because I am from that part of the world myself, I know firsthand there is truth in what is shown in that movie.
    Speaking of Turkish films... Have you seen Clair Obscur? It's brilliant. And what do you think of Yeşim Ustaoğlu? My second favourite director from Turkey behind Nuri.

Fr3sh

Jul 12, 2011
    Watched Logan, was good, not as great or amazing as people made it out to be.

Super excited for third installment of Planet of the Apes :tuttosport:

- - - Updated - - -

Trailers are my favorite part of going to the movies :D

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 38)