Movie Talk (New Films, Old Films... doesn't matter) (152 Viewers)

lgorTudor

Jan 15, 2015
Watched Macbeth (2015)

I thought the cast was outstanding. Walked in on my cousin watching this movie before I got to it -Hey is that Banquo? -Yes - I thought so, he looks like a Banquo.

Depiction of Middle Ages was Hollywood kind of obnoxious again. Black clothes everywhere and lords sitting in dark halls in candlelight in the middle of the day. EYELINERS

Transition of Macbeth's character went way too fast tho. I bet they didn't want to risk a 2.5 hour movie as having a below 2 hour movie was their only chance to lure husbands into local cinemas.

8/10

Buy on AliExpress.com

Völler

Always spot on
May 6, 2012
Inside Man - It was ok but nothing special really. Decent I guess.

Zootopia - Interesting and entertaining, it had some very funny moments. Pretty good.

The Maltese Falcon Good, enjoyed it.

Psycho - Brilliant
:tup:

Pretty much agree (haven't seen Zootopia though). Inside Man was kind of odd. I thought it had potential to be a really good mainstream thriller, but it felt a bit off. There were some strange stylistic decisions. I don't think Spike Lee was a good choice for that movie.

- - - Updated - - -

Watched Macbeth (2015)

I thought the cast was outstanding. Walked in on my cousin watching this movie before I got to it -Hey is that Banquo? -Yes - I thought so, he looks like a Banquo.

Depiction of Middle Ages was Hollywood kind of obnoxious again. Black clothes everywhere and lords sitting in dark halls in candlelight in the middle of the day. EYELINERS

Transition of Macbeth's character went way too fast tho. I bet they didn't want to risk a 2.5 hour movie as having a below 2 hour movie was their only chance to lure husbands into local cinemas.

8/10
Are you a big Shakespeare buff? If so, what are your favorite adaptations?

lgorTudor

Jan 15, 2015
:tup:

Pretty much agree (haven't seen Zootopia though). Inside Man was kind of odd. I thought it had potential to be a really good mainstream thriller, but it felt a bit off. There were some strange stylistic decisions. I don't think Spike Lee was a good choice for that movie.
Find out why everybody wants to fuck the rabbit. Haven't seen it either yet, just the funny sloth trailer

radekas

( ͠° ͟ل͜ ͡°)
Aug 26, 2009
I really hope Jennifer Lawrence leaves the franchise asap because her acting status forces Fox to make Mystique the main character even though she's not supposed to be.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Civil War destroyed BvS in quality

I give cw 8/10 while bvs 4/10

Not interested to watch apocalypse on theatre, enthusiastic about doctor strange though
This is what having proper directors does instead of likes of Snyder.

Saw civil war two nights ago and it's possibly best superhero flick yet. Good story and uses a huge ensemble well. 2 hours and half but didn't feel too long and was coherent and decent pace throughout.

napoleonic

Sep 7, 2010
This is what having proper directors does instead of likes of Snyder.

Saw civil war two nights ago and it's possibly best superhero flick yet. Good story and uses a huge ensemble well. 2 hours and half but didn't feel too long and was coherent and decent pace throughout.
when tony said
"I don't care, he killed my mom"
I almost laughed because I immediately remembered
that scene on BvS, it's almost as if marvel deliberately trolled dc.
:rofl:

Völler

Always spot on
May 6, 2012
Wasn't that impressed with Captain USA. Thought the first half was a bit heavy and unnecessarily complicated. The movie did get considerably better when Ant-Man and Spider-Man showed up, but - as usual for Marvel - the villain was quite underwhelming. It was entertaining, but never thrilling. 6/10

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 149)